• Yes

Votes: 41 58.6%
  • No

Votes: 29 41.4%

• Total voters

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
As the title says "Does your computer have a floppy drive"?

Most new comps dont come with them anymore but there,s still quite alot of people who make use of them.

I have one and dont realy use it now because of my pen drive.

Last edited:

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I thought someone made a post like this fairly recently... I don't have one internally, but I have an external USB drive I use quite rarly. I have a 256M flash drive I use quite often, and my new 2G MP3 player I'll probably start using more :D

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought someone made a post like this fairly recently... I don't have one internally, but I have an external USB drive I use quite rarly. I have a 256M flash drive I use quite often, and my new 2G MP3 player I'll probably start using more :D

Yeah i looked on Search before posting but only 4 topics showed and they were not the same topic soo i dont think anyone has posted it before.:)

mrjack

VIP Member
I have one, didn't have one for quite a while but decided to put it back in after about 2 months. Just incase I got the sudden need for it.

And about the statement that computers don't usually have 'em nowadays is quite true. Though you might need one if you have to install specific RAID-drivers for the motherboard.

magicman

VIP Member
I had a look myself, I couldn't find a recent duplicate, you could be thinking of this one.

I have one, it's very useful when installing Windows on a Raid0.

SirKenin

banned
Yeah I have one in all my computers. They cost next to nothing and every now and again they come in handy. Too bad the disks themselves can be such a nuisance.

jp198780

mine has floppys, i dont use floppys, and instead of taking them out, i just unplugged them, because i hate the noise they make starting up, and taking them out would look like crap cause of the empty spot...

When I was ordering the parts for my new comp on Newegg a few months ago, there was a combo deal on it, the floppy was like $3, so I bought one. :p But my comp before this one, a Dell, didn't have one.

Saurian

I have one hooked up in the bottom of my case. The plug is plugged in, and the drive is just sitting on the bottom floor of the case. I'm too lazy to remove it. I don't want it in the computer cuase its ugly and beige. Then again, maybe I'll take pictures of my computer someday. You'll love my lack of cable management..or ever having my side panel on it..or my not having my front panel hooked up. Haha it used to be set up nicely...till I tore it apart one time to replace stuff...

Geoff

VIP Member
I have one in mine, it comes in handy in lots of situations, such as flashing the video cards BIOS, or updating the motherboard's BIOS.

Jet

VIP Member
I didn't have one for a few weeks with my build last december, (current one), but then I wanted to flash my video card BIOS, and so ever since, I have had one, even though it doesn't match my case.

Archangel

VIP Member
I have a loose one, just plug in the cable and supply and put it on top of my case if i need it ( would be only for flashing tough)