Double-layer dvd's and my comp/dvd player

minfingr

hi everyone. i have a couple double layer dvd's and a new Samsung HT-TX52 dvd player. i played one of them when i first got it and it took a while to load, but it eventually played just fine. i tried watching it again a while ago, and now my dvd player takes just as long to load, but then it goes to another dvd in the player (it's a 5 disc) as if there's nothing in that slot. i try going back to it, and the player skips it. i can select 1, 2, 4 and 5.

anyway, does anyone know what might be causing this? my computer won't even recognize the disc! ANY help is really appreciated. thanks..

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Your dvd player isn't compatible with dual layer dvd's most likely. Or there might be something wrong with the media that you used to burn the dvd if it is a burned dvd you made.

paratwa

Look for any finger prints or scratches on the disk, that is usually the culprit. Since it worked the first time you played it, thats probably what it is.

Also look for any firmware upgrades for your machine. They might have released something that will fix your problem.