Dual boot Win7 RC and RTM - now I can't access My Music

PC Hobbyist

I had been using Win7 RC version until I installed the RTM version as a dual-boot. I have My Music folder (in both of the Win7 versions) set to a custom folder on my music partition. Now, in RTM, when I try to access that folder it tells me that I don't have permission to access that. It will show me the contents of My Music folder, but I can't access any of the folders or files.

I am logged in as an administrator.

I tried setting the ownership of the entire custom folder to "Administrators (Brian-PC\Administrators)" but that did not help.

Any ideas? Right now, I can't listen to any of my music! :(

linkin

VIP Member
You probably need to set your admin options. basically if you create an admin account you need to give it full control to be able to access some things. (I had to do this to access a folder in my documents)

PC Hobbyist

You probably need to set your admin options. basically if you create an admin account you need to give it full control to be able to access some things. (I had to do this to access a folder in my documents)
How can I do that? I mean, there is only one account on this computer - the administrator account created during installation.

linkin

VIP Member
hmm.... try booting into your earlier version and make sure that the folder is being shared.

G25r8cer

This should work

Hit start and right click the "Music" button and hit properties. REmove all the locations under "Library locations". Then add a new one and set the location to your "custom folder". It should ask if you want to grant permissions. Then wait it takes a few seconds/minutes to do this.