Dual monitors on 8800GTX

I want to go with dual monitors, they need to cost under $550 for two. I am preferring 22" duals. Does anyone know of a good name brand for that cost? Secondly, will my GTX run these at good FPS and will it help me in gaming?

Thanks

Michael

Another price drop! They were just $199 two days ago haha.

Anyways, glad to help.. and it looks like I'll be picking one of these up for home use now

I will probably get those, I just need to find out how to fit the on my desk, I need a bigger desk.... Will the 8800GTX Function at a good rate with the duals?

Thanks

thealmightyone

No, not two instances of Crysis, just like GRAW2 or WiC, I can play on the left monitor and have the map on the right.

Playing on monitor one with background on monitor 2 will not reduce performance. All that happens is the background will use a TINY amount of video memory.

If the map is being viewed via internet browser, no impact on performance. Very few games are able to take advantage of multiple monitors.

Playing on monitor one with background on monitor 2 will not reduce performance. All that happens is the background will use a TINY amount of video memory.

If the map is being viewed via internet browser, no impact on performance. Very few games are able to take advantage of multiple monitors.

Look it up for World in Conflict.... You can see the tactical map on one monitor and move your units/play the game in the other one. I just want to know if this will screw up my performance.

Thanks

hermeslyre

VIP Member
I was playing the WiC beta at close to the highest settings on my machine, so the GTX will have no problem rendering both screens at the same time.

thealmightyone

Look it up for World in Conflict.... You can see the tactical map on one monitor and move your units/play the game in the other one. I just want to know if this will screw up my performance.

Thanks

It won't screw up performance. The card simply has to show a picture on 2nd monitor. It doesn't have to do any rendering on it.