Duel Booting XP32 Bit and XP 64 Bit OP Systems

328GTS

Hi,

I am wanting to install both XP 32 Bit and XP 64 Bit on the same hard drive. I know that the Drive must be partioned inorder for the two operating systems to work independent of each other. Does anyone here have any experience installing these two OS's ? Which should be installed first?? The reason for this is simply because I cannot find many drivers out there to support XP64, example being my computer will not reconize my Sony camera and Sony does not have a driver for XP 64. I want to be able to select which OP system I want to use at start up.

Thanks

Redbull{wings}

When you boot from the cd there should be a section where you select your partitions, just divide the drive. I suggest three divisions, one for each os, and one for documents that both os can access. As far as which to install first its easiest if you install the one you plan on using primarily second so it will boot first by default.

On a side note any reason for dual-booting 32 and 64? The performance gain isn't all that significant might be easier to just use x32.

328GTS

Thanks for the info. Yes the reason for going with both systems is because I have a CAD package that runs on XP64 only. Like I had stated in the first post, XP64 will not support the drivers I need for my camera, and mp3 players.

DirtyD86

banned
i hope you enjoy XP 64. i recently installed it and gave it a test drive, and it was an excellent OS. probably the fastest I have used, and stable too. the only problem is the lack of driver support. good thing you are dual booting x86.

good luck :good:

AlienMenace

You would want to do the 32 first, then the 64. I have been using xp x64 for about 1 yr now. Love it. Beta testing the windows7 x64 now. heck of a lot better than vista.