DVD Drive Enclosure (uk?)

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone from the UK know where i can pick up a cheap DVD Drive Enclosure so i can put a Sata DVD drive in it i have lying around?

Like this

usb_dvd.jpg

I was just going to buy a new External drive,But theyre nearly £34-39,some even charge £59 which imo is a rip off when you can pick up a internal dvd drive for £14.99..

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Matt,

Don't you think thats expensive for just a plastic case?...for an extra £7-8 i can buy a brand new LG External DVD-RW with Nero software :eek:
I'm not tight or anything,But £24 for just a little plastic box which they knock out hundreds in a minute is ridiculous imo.

I've created a thread in the For Sale section asking if anyone has one lying around they're not using...might strike some luck.

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Im fed up with internals,ive had 2 fail on me...not that an external wont but....then you got vibrations making the case loud...then the extra cables....then bending down and everything to change a disk lol,yeah im lazy :D

my coolermaster 690 looks much better without a DVD drive and just my fan controller.

Kornowski

VIP Member
Im fed up with internals,ive had 2 fail on me...not that an external wont but....then you got vibrations making the case loud...then the extra cables....then bending down and everything to change a disk lol,yeah im lazy :D

my coolermaster 690 looks much better without a DVD drive and just my fan controller.

Is it just connected via USB? I may look into getting one. It'd get rid of that nasty IDE cable and let me add another 120mm fan to the front of my Antec 900 :p

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is it just connected via USB? I may look into getting one. It'd get rid of that nasty IDE cable and let me add another 120mm fan to the front of my Antec 900 :p

Yeah USB and power adapter....

My DVD drive is Sata....but still i hate it been in the front of my case,and like i said it makes the case rattle lol...at least if i get external housing for it i can fix the drive down good.