dvd ripping

Breadman177

After reading some of the posts about this subject I had to post.

Why don't they go after the people actually sharing content instead of making it illegal to create your own media computer?

I have a very small apartment so all my DVD's are in boxes in my closet. It is very stupid that legally I have to dig through several boxes of DVD's to figure out which DVD I paid for that I want to watch instead of scrolling through my HD.

StrangleHold

Staff member
As long as your not, what you call sharing content. Nobody is going to kick your door down and take your computer. Who would even know unless you went around telling everybody?

jamesd1981

Here in united kingdom they are supposed to be passing laws soon on this very subject that will make it legal to copy any media you have purchased so that you can use it on the growing range of portable media players, i.e. you can rip a dvd and store it on your mobile phone etc.

PhotonCrasher

Here in united kingdom they are supposed to be passing laws soon on this very subject that will make it legal to copy any media you have purchased so that you can use it on the growing range of portable media players, i.e. you can rip a dvd and store it on your mobile phone etc.

hmm that dosent sound like the uk at all, those damm trams *total waste of money* and for once they may do something we want

jamesd1981

hmm that dosent sound like the uk at all, those damm trams *total waste of money* and for once they may do something we want

The link below has some of the details photon, hopefully they will follow through, its only right that if you buy media then you own it and can do what you want with for your own use. if i wanted to rent a dvd i would go to blockbuster not high street

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/story/20...view-internet-intellectual-property-laws.html

Last edited: