E8400's in stock at ewiz.com

nemix

Just thought I'd share my little story and let people know ewiz.com just got a shipment of e8400's in.

I ordered the server version of the chip (e3110) and they called me to tell me it was out of stock :( and I thought I'd ask about the e8400's for the hell of it. They said they just got a shipment in!

http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=E8400

nemix

If you search yahoo (e8400 and e3110) you can find atleast 8+ posts about people using them or asking if they work. There was only one post I read about a persons motherboard going bad because of one (but idk if it was because of the chip or not) and the other things i've read all say it works. If you read newegg reviews people there have said they bought it for their desktop and it works fine.

Some people even report it saying the computer is reading it as an e8400.

edit: Yea, best price I've seen so far around the web so far.

Mtag

Just joined this forum, so if I mess up this post I apologize. I just bought an e8400 for $225 w/fan at Frys Electronics. I took it to 3.6 on stock cooler last night, although the temps were a little high. If any of you live around a Frys, take a look. It was not on the website by the way.

nemix

that's pretty cheap especially being frys (hefty markups), I had a friend who worked there and his discount were so small it was barely ever worth it. It would have costed an extra $100 or so if i bought my parts there instead of newegg lol

Geoff

VIP Member
that's pretty cheap especially being frys (hefty markups), I had a friend who worked there and his discount were so small it was barely ever worth it. It would have costed an extra $100 or so if i bought my parts there instead of newegg lol
Thats not too bad, considering you probably lost $20-$40 in shipping, and it's much easier to return it to a store.

As for the E8400, thats a great price, I bet they will be sold out very soon though.

nemix

[-0MEGA-];933887 said:
Thats not too bad, considering you probably lost $20-$40 in shipping, and it's much easier to return it to a store.

As for the E8400, thats a great price, I bet they will be sold out very soon though.

shipping back a defective item is covered (in most cases) by the seller and after 30 days you'd be dealing with the manufacturer anyways.

back on topic though, I get my 8400 soon! :D

Mtag

Just joined this forum, so if I mess up this post I apologize. I just bought an e8400 for $225 w/fan at Frys Electronics. I took it to 3.6 on stock cooler last night, although the temps were a little high. If any of you live around a Frys, take a look. It was not on the website by the way.
I went back to Frys today for a cooler and guess what? They had the e8400 in a combo package with a cheap mobo (ECS GF7050VT-M) for $220. I returned my e8400 and got the combo plus $5 back!!! The store I am referring to is in Fishers, Indiana if anyone lives near there.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
I went back to Frys today for a cooler and guess what? They had the e8400 in a combo package with a cheap mobo (ECS GF7050VT-M) for $220. I returned my e8400 and got the combo plus $5 back!!! The store I am referring to is in Fishers, Indiana if anyone lives near there.

Wow, thats a good deal.

I paid $230 shipped for mine on mwave, it was $211 before tax and shipping. Im glad i got it when i did, all the prices online shot up to $260+ :D

Mtag

Hey ThatGuy16, could you tell me the specs on your overclock ( I have same cpu and cooler). How are your temps doing? Thanks

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
My "core" readings i think are incorrect, but the "CPU" temp reads about 45c on load.

I seem to have a very good batch E8400, chances are you wouldn't be able to get the same OC. I'm running 4.0Ghz @ 1.28v (in bios).

What is your batch #?

nemix

got my e8400 today (ordered it yesterday at 3, turns out they're located in close to me and shipping doesn't take anytime at all lol)

this thing is so much faster than my ol p4 which was running at 3.4ghz, don't think I even need to overclock it.