embedded sound problem

bit4bit

Hi, I'm writing a webpage and I'm having a problem embedding an mp3 on to a page. I'm using:

Code:
<embed src="Telefone529Musicology.mp3" WIDTH="145" HEIGHT="60" AUTOPLAY="true" LOOP="true"></embed>

with the sound file in the same folder, named the same. When I open the page in firefox, I just get a box with the quicktime logo and a question mark on the page and no sound file plays. I checked FF preferences under applications and the quicktime plugin is set to play mp3 files, but it doesn't play.

I also tryied opening it in internet explorer (which I don't usually use) and it didn't play in that either...it had a pop-up about add-ons, but didn't actually tell me I needed a new plugin.

How can I sort this out? I'm sure the tag is right, and the names match, and I've never had problems playing sounds before on other websites. The mp3 is about 7.5MB and 4:11 in length, is there a max limit on either of these?

Macky

the problem with the code is that you don't have the direct link of your playlist from the site your hosting the song.