enlarge an image

Robin

I have an image that I copied from the internet, now I want to enlarge it.
There must be a way.

pc club guy

this is what i have learned.. small images that are formated into a small size cannot be enlarged into a size that the amount of detail the picture contains can surpass. this would include the jpeg format, im sure you cannot enlarge that format without messing up the quality. it is possible with other formats but not jpeg. Boyahh, i have learned something around here HAHA!:D

flame1117

banned
You can enlarge it, but it might become distorted.

Are you using windows? Right click it then go to open with, then paint. OR Open paint then go to open then find the file.

Next go to IMAGE then STRECH/SKEW then enlarge it by percentages of the same amount.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Lol

You can never get a good amount of detail from a small image when you make it large. This is beacause the image is already at its greatest quality. When enlarging it, it deteriorates and you end up (unless you use Photoshop etc) with an ugly pixely image.

JAN :D

spacedude89

enlarge it to the size you want, then use an interpolation algorithm on it, to find one try google, i took a look and had a hard time finding one, but im almost sure there are a few out there, mabey someone here knows one, then id apply a slight blur in photoshop.

pc club guy

jancz3rt said:
it deteriorates and you end up (unless you use Photoshop etc) with an ugly pixely image.

I doubt even Photoshop can enlarge an image without losing its quality. Go ahead, try it, prove me wrong:eek:

geranimo://

I once saw this software thing from Data Becker I think, or something like that, that could enlarge pictures...

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Hhahaa

Dude....I meant that Photoshop does a decent job compared to MS Paint in limiting the visibilty of pixels to an acceptable level in most cases.

commander

Yes, you will distort or affect the quality of the image if you try to enlarge. Alternatively, you can try to enlarge "to bigger physical size" by using Ms WORD.
- Open a new document.
- click Insert Image- from File- Browse (to the dir where your image is located)
- Once the imgae is inserted, click the edges and expand the image to the desired size that you want

kof2000

IRFANVIEW, enlarges images without losing quality! takes awhile though takes hours if your pc is a 133mhz 32mb ram :D i tried.