Erase Novell?

CharmPeddler

i'm haveing rrouble trying to get rid of Novell on a few computers at work. i did a search here at cf.com before and the only thing i could find was instructions that said something like "uninstall from the properties of your current network connection". well i found it there but every time i press "uninstall", the computer INSTANTLY shuts down and says something about, " your system was shut down to protect it self" or something like that.

so does anyone have any idea how to get rid of this stuff???

P.S. the basic uninstall option in the start menu also doesnt work. it says there is some missing file.

CharmPeddler

the search page shows that there are 2 replies to this post. any reason why i cannot see them? cause id REALLY like to get this figured out.

patrickv

why not log in to safemode as admin and delete the file/folder Novell and remove its registry preferences.
reasons you can't see the post is probably because the members who posted it, removed it

Byteman

Malware Destroyer
you mean on your workstation, you cannot uninstall the "Windows Client for Novell" software? If the uninstall log file has been deleted then you should install the same software right over the top of the existing one, reboot, then go through the normal uninstall routine in add/remove programs.

CharmPeddler

i'll try the the reinstall and then uninstall one first. im not to confertable working around the registry yet. thanks guys

b3rt_d4ni3l

Do the uninstall method, and then clean up the registry.

As for removing the entry in the registry, you can use CCleaner.
link: http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

Install it, click on the 'Registry' button on the left, and scan for issues.
After scan is done, click on "Fix selected Issues". It will ask whether you want to save a backup first. Save a backup, just in case. Proceed on to fixing the issues and you should be good.

CharmPeddler

thanks for the ccleaner Bert, i forgot all about that thing. and jabes. we dont use it any more here at work, and im not certian exactly what it does exept hinder our bootup time and take up space on the harddrive

Byteman

Malware Destroyer
FYI: It's for connection and/or adminstration (depending on which version you install) to a Novell based server, from your Windows based workstation.

CharmPeddler

ahh thanks for the info byteman. they must have used it on there last server. it was replaced about a year before i started working here.

i'll let ya know if i get it figured out.