EVGA GTX 670 vs GIGABYTE GTX 670

AT49ers

was looking at a lot a review between Nvdia 670 FTW and the GIGABYTE 670 and can't decide between the 2. I will be playing a lot of BF3 and skyrim. any recommendations?

Last edited:

JLuchinski

Either will do fine. I had the Gigabyte and it's really cool and quiet. So if you don't like louder cards then I would say the Gigabyte.

MyCattMaxx

The only way to know that would be to look up benchmark tests for both and compare.
Other than that would be to find someone who actually owned both, but that would be slim odds.

wolfeking

banned
your not going to get a strait answer. It depends solely on clockspeed. They are technically both the same card. One may be clocked higher, but it is only going to be worth 2 or 3 FPS at most.

G80FTW

Either will do fine. I had the Gigabyte and it's really cool and quiet. So if you don't like louder cards then I would say the Gigabyte.

My EVGA card is quite. !00% quieter than my 8800GTS. I couldnt imagine a card being much quieter than this that isnt water cooled. Of course, since most games I play only use 30-40% of my GPU my fan speed isnt usually more than 60%.

jonnyp11

i think either will do great, the evga would be like 1fps faster, but the gigabyte is cheaper and because it uses an aftermarket cooler with 3 fans they each can run at a lower speed rather than one fan maxed out to keep it cool like on the evga, and there for it should be quieter, not will be, but i think it should be, and it should also overclock better and easily match the evga's speed. But there is also the msi version with their frozr cooler which is supposed to be one of the best out there and is very high quality and well rated, so i'd get that if newegg gets them back in stock soon if that is where you are looking to buy from.

Russ88765

If EVGA made radeon cards i'd go with them in a heartbeat. They have not only lifetime warranty and special trade in programs, but 24/7 customer service. A tough company to beat, that's for sure.

Compequip

If EVGA made radeon cards i'd go with them in a heartbeat. They have not only lifetime warranty and special trade in programs, but 24/7 customer service. A tough company to beat, that's for sure.

I don't think there gaming cards are lifetime anymore. I believe there 3 year warranty now. You can check there site, but they go off codes on the gpu. Here's EVGA warranty page http://www.evga.com/support/warranty/

Last edited: