Evga's 7900 GT CO beats Radeon X1800XT !!!

Kuli24

Woooo! Eat that ATI!!! Mine is just the CO (500mhz/1500mhz), not the superclocked, but I should be able to overclock past those speeds. (My card is still coming in the mail)

Ku-sama

banned
Kuli24 said:
Woooo! Eat that ATI!!! Mine is just the CO (500mhz/1500mhz), not the superclocked, but I should be able to overclock past those speeds. (My card is still coming in the mail)

as is mine :p im getting the superclocked one, then push it further :p

34erd

If you guys are handy with a soldering iron, check out this volt mod, they got 800 Mhz clockspeed on air: http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=3437

I feel the 7900GT is slightly better, but keep in mind the X1800XT is cheaper and also has great overclocking potential.

Ku-sama

banned
do you think a NV5 on it would cool as well as what he's useing? because id love to do that, any steps on how it can be done?

MasterEVC

Ku-sama said:
as is mine :p im getting the superclocked one, then push it further :p

How is it in the mail already? You said it would be a while before you would get it. Also, she didnt agree to the Superclocked one just the CO Edition. Explain yourself Mike :p unless you somehow grew a money tree and $350 fell off it that quick.

Muse-Me

MasterEVC said:
How is it in the mail already? You said it would be a while before you would get it. Also, she didnt agree to the Superclocked one just the CO Edition. Explain yourself Mike :p unless you somehow grew a money tree and $350 fell off it that quick.

Yeah, that's news to me!

Ku-sama

banned
oops, :p i got the CO and the SC one's mixed up.... doesnt matter anyways, EVGA has overclocking in their warentees eric, so i can fry it and be out of a computer for like, a week or two and be just fine. i dont think i'll do a volt mod, especially with a beast of a card like the 7900GT, especially if a 6800GS has suficed for me for this long ;) as for the whole "as is mine" part, i thought he said he was getting one, i skimed through it, mine is on back order directly through EVGA and will be recieving mine shortly

Kuli24

I know there's a voltage limiter or something on the 7900gt, but is there a way to increase the voltage by like 0.1 volts or something through software?

34erd

Kuli24 said:
I know there's a voltage limiter or something on the 7900gt, but is there a way to increase the voltage by like 0.1 volts or something through software?
I think maybe a modded BIOS, but thats limited from what I know.

Ku-sama

banned
34erd said:
I think maybe a modded BIOS, but thats limited from what I know.

and if you get it through EVGA, then you can overclok and overvolt it all you want till it dies, they said anything that happends to the card is fine, as long as nothing on the outside is changed