External Liquid Cooling System or Liquid cooled case??

bigd54

Hey guys looking for some advice here. Do you think its better to buy a liquid cooing system and install it or buy a case that already has one installed and take everything out of my old case and put it in the new one. Advice is appreciated, thanks.

Geoff

VIP Member
Neither IMO, I would say use your existing case if it's large enough, buy the individual components yourself and build your own.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Either piece together a nice combination for yourself or go with high-end aircooling. Using pre-assembled kits is usually just a waste of money.

G25r8cer

I personally like the look of externals. Esp the ones that mount on the back. Get an Exos, if you have money to drop down.

WhiteFireDragon

it's always better to customize a WC system. the only challenge is you'll have to learn about all components and different parts/brands of each component. i already have my parts planned out... i'm just saving up for it right now. only going to do it once instead of keep upgrading and it'll cost me about $450 :[

bigd54

Ya I dont need that much performance just something to keep my overclocked q6660 cool. Plus my room gets so hot from my computer. Atleast 7 degrees hotter than any other room in the house.

WhiteFireDragon

WC isn't going to bring down you ambient. it just removes heat more efficiently for your CPU because it spreads it over the radiator surface area, which later will be dumped to the air in you room anyways.

bigd54

Yah, it is but I don't know what route to go. I really like the preconfigured ones and the ones that are external.

G25r8cer

^^ I was looking at that too but, it doesnt look to professional. Also, it kinda looks cheap. Or is that just me?