External tuner for a widescreen monitor?

andylyon

hey guys,

have had a look on the internet at all the external tuners, and the best they seem to be able to deliver is 1280x1024 but I will be after a 19" widescreen to watch TV and movies through. I will also do a lot of design from my laptop and thought a widescreen would be anice touch.

Looks like I might have to settle for the standard unless you guys know whether the avermedia style tv boxes have stretch functions to stretch to full screen

Andy

The_Other_One

VIP Member
So this is for a laptop or a desktop? You didn't specify so I first assumed you wanted a tuner that was independent of the computer...

Newegg has a few USB capturecard/tuners. I don't know how well they actually work though...

As for stretch functions and all that, that all depends on your software and video card. Most any current machine shouldn't have a problem playing videos full screen.

andylyon87

what I am after is using a monitor as a standalone but say if I were to put my laptop thro onto the monitor would my intel media graphics accelerator 950 handle the monitor or do you reckon it would lag.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Like I said, most any current machine would work just fine... Can you play videos full screen though windows media player? Good :p