F.E.A.R. - Your Thoughts?

Pride

First Encounter Assault Recon
logo-mature50_Kopie426.gif

A young girl, Alma Barrow, disappeared almost a year ago. She was the daughter of an ATC employee, however when asked about her an ATC spokesperson, Dr. Smallwood, wouldn't comment on the case, stating it was still in the hands of the police. However now that an ATC employee, Bill Moody has also disappeared, there is much suspicion into ATC, the local biotech firm... especially after traces of blood as well as evidence of a fight have been found in Moody's home.

A civil rights activist, Mr. Martinwater, who has been investigating into ATC for several months now, seems to suspect that ATC really focuses on "Military Applications". He also stated that "ATC has been at the center of a web of violence or unexplained events for a number of months now". He claimed employees have reported violent headaches caused by random and intense electromagnetic disturbances occurring in the facility, and also that a gunfight allegedly occurred in the ATC facility 6 months ago, even more unsetting is the still unsolved disappearance of Barrow, and now Moody. However once again, Dr. Smallwood denied all claims, calling them "unfounded allegations"

What is Armacham Technology Corporation really up to? are they really a High-End medical firm like they claim? or is something else being researched at this lab?

Offical Web-Site:
What Is F.E.A.R.?

Fan Sites:
F.E.A.R. Fan
Show Me F.E.A.R.

I've played out the entire single player demo, and was amazed at the graphics & storyline of the game. Quite a spooky game, especially with the little girl walking around barefooted, sometimes even on the ceilings.

skidude

Oh f**k yeah I'm gonna get that game. I downloaded the demo but I can't play it on my old, crappy PC so I'll have to wait till my new one comes.... but definetly gonna buy it when the full version comes out (do you know when that is??)

Pride

Yeah the demo is awesome, and freaks you out, at times. I noticed that you really have to be on your guard with these soldiers, simply because they are much stronger, than those of HL2. The weapons in this game are awesome, as well. But, I believe the one thing that will make this a game that everyone will want, will be Alma. The slow motion graphics, the detail when firing, and even the storyline is freaking awesome. Cinematic Special FX - An advanced Special FX system showers you in sparks, smoke, and debris, making combat as intense and exhilarating as an action movie. But, I believe the little girl, Alma, will be the one thing that will make this game sell.

Oh yeah about the release date. . .October 11th, 2005. Anyone can preorder the game at many stores, like EB & Best Buy.

Pride

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIRED
» Windows® XP or 2000 with latest service pack installed
» DirectX® 9.0c (June Edition) or higher
» Pentium® 4 1.7 GHz or equivalent processor
» 512 MB of RAM or more
» 64 MB GeForce™ 4 Ti or Radeon® 9000 video card
» Monitor that can display in 4:3 aspect ratio
» 5.0 GB free Hard Drive Space for installation
» Additional hard drive space for a swap file and saved game files
» 4x CD-ROM drive (DVD-ROM drive for Director's Edition)
» 16-bit DirectX® 9.0 compliant sound card with support for EAX™ 2.0
» Broadband or LAN connection for multiplayer games
» Mouse
» Keyboard

RECOMMENDED HARDWARE
» Pentium® 4 3.0 GHz or equivalent processor
» 1 GB RAM
» A 256 MB Radeon® 9800 Pro or equivalent DirectX® 9 compliant video card with hardware T&L and pixel shader 2.0 support

SUPPORTED CHIPSETS
ATI® Radeon® 9000 Series, Radeon® 9500 Series, Radeon® 9600 Series, Radeon® 9700 Series, Radeon® 9800 Series, Radeon® X600 Series, Radeon® X700 Series, Radeon® X800 Series, Radeon® X850 Series

Nvidia GeForce™ 4Ti Series, GeForce™ FX 5900 Series, 6000 Series, 6800 Series, 7800 Series

Pride

The demo rocked. . .I had to download it from Sierra the first day it came out. It's definately a spooky game, and will keep you on your toes. The story seems quite interesting, as well. I'm going to pre-order the game, soon.

yaMI pleHouY

I'm pre-ordering as soon as possible. I can't wait to get my computer together, so I can play the demo. I've read a million reviews and seen a million videos though and it looks amazing.

Pride

Trust me, it is amazing. If anyone has preordered the game, then the BETA can be downloaded through VUgames, from August 22nd - September 15th.

randruff

This game is gonna rock. It is games like this that make me feel like im not a POS for spending $430 on a 6800Ultra. Period.

Professor

I like how everything is destructable. Unlike other games, when you shoot the wall parts of the wall actually come off instead of just putting a picture of a bullet hole where you shot.

randruff

While i agree with you professor, i do have to say: when you shoot a wall you are not actually shooting out a chunk. If you look closely it is a bumpmapped 2d image just like bullet holes.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I'm a bit disappointed in my computer... The game is awsome. I love how they did the graphics, and how much more realistic it seems. But, my comp doesn't do too well playing it. I guess I'll run back though my drivers and settings when I get back from class and try to figure out what's up...

Professor

randruff said:
While i agree with you professor, i do have to say: when you shoot a wall you are not actually shooting out a chunk. If you look closely it is a bumpmapped 2d image just like bullet holes.

Oh well, still looks cooler then most games. :)