Votes: 3 14.3%
  • CRYSIS

Votes: 18 85.7%

• Total voters

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Crysis.....

I can Max out Far cry 2 on 1680x1050 and still get good framerates but crysis is a no-no.

i have medium and some high settings for crysis.

Calibretto

VIP Member
Crysis. Though both games sucked as far as storyline and gameplay. The graphics were the only good thing about the two games.

Candy

Crysis
I can max out Far Cry 2 on all settings but not Crysis.

As to which is better (which I know you wernt asking lol)...thats pretty hard to decide cos as Calibretto said, storylines sucked arse in both. I got bored with Far Cry with only 12% complete and havnt gone back to it. Crysis was more enjoyable.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Crysis
I can max out Far Cry 2 on all settings but not Crysis.

As to which is better (which I know you wernt asking lol)...thats pretty hard to decide cos as Calibretto said, storylines sucked arse in both. I got bored with Far Cry with only 12% complete and havnt gone back to it. Crysis was more enjoyable.

Crysis storyline is okay,i didnt get bored playing it,But yes Far cry 2 i done about 7 missions and i was bored.

i think they focused more on the gfx than the actual gameplay :D

Aastii

VIP Member
Crysis storyline is okay,i didnt get bored playing it,But yes Far cry 2 i done about 7 missions and i was bored.

i think they focused more on the gfx than the actual gameplay :D

thats exactly what they did with crysis too, only crysis went oh my god we can use DX10 (after lost planet, but crytek did it WELL with crysis), far cry went oh my god we can make fire, and did it damn well too, but just fire doesn't beat water and sky and plants and people and clothing and vehicles and terrain now does it.

And because both focussed on graphics, not story line, both had terrible story lines, the gameplay wasn't all that good either, and the far cry "aiming" system, well, it may aswell not be there

gamerman4

Crysis was fun for me because of the fun to be had with its open-ended maps, FarCry2 didn't give you much of an incentive to go to empty spots on the map to have fun. Crysis was a giant physics playground with plenty of things to destroy even in places that you wouldn't normally go, it even had sharks in the water which you would have never known unless you did some exploring. Overall I think Crysis was the better game and it had better graphics. Neither of them hold a candle to Far Cry 1 tho, now that game was awesome.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
and the far cry "aiming" system, well, it may aswell not be there

I agree with you there,It was terrible....it takes half the guns clip to kill 1 of the enemy lol

If the aiming system was more like COD4 then it would have been alot better.

TalgZ

Of course, Crysis, because it has the most perfect graphics. But Far Cry's gameplay is more interesting IMHO. I hope Crysis 2 will have more exciting storyline.

P.S.: sorry for my grammatical mistakes, i'm from Russia and i speak english a little, very little, i just learn it

awildgoose

The ending in Crysis was horrible, never played FC2 :)

I know ay. I mean, what happened?! I've only just started Crysis Warhead, but it seems a lot smaller. I just got past where everything gets frozen, but to get to that point with Nomad took ages!

As far as story, I do not like it. Multiplayer is fun and graphics are amazing. People think that it uses (Nvidia's) PhysX but it doesn't it uses it's own thing. But I didn't really think there was much real physics put into the bullets (other stuff like crashing and all that yes) because I know it's 2020 and guns would be more powerful than now, but reaching across a whole multiplayer map with a drop of height, no way.