Farcry 2 why all the hate

Twist86

Well these are my reason

4 clone quests (same over and over) through 90% of the game (10% sorta unique ones with buddies)
Very poor storyline and beginning arc.
AI is retarded beyond belief
Super Speed vehicles for enemy so you can never out run them...after a short chase they ALWAYS do something retarded (aka hang a hard right off into the river)
To fast respawn for outposts/camps
No stealth killing (maybe I wanna splinter cell?)
Headshots with sniper riles only = 1 shot kills 50% of the time.

So the game killed 3 things I need EVERY title to have

Quests
AI with some kind of brains
realism...If I shoot you in the head I expect you to die.

Far Cry 2 shouldn't have been named after Far Cry when it has nothing to do with the original game.

Very sad day for me because I been waiting for FC2 for years.

If they fixed the AI added in 20-30 different quests instead of the "main 4" and allowed me the ability to stealth kill and got rid of the malaria crap I would gladly like FC2 more.

EA doesn't care so I sold my copy. I no longer buy new EA games...I ebay used copies just to screw them.

Last edited:

gamerman4

...because Farcry 1 is 100 times better. Making a game open-ended doesn't make it better, FC1 was relatively linear but everything was fun.
FC1 also had a nice stealth aspect, I loved sneaking up and capping an entire base without anyone's knowledge.

You know why Farcry 1 was awesome?????!?!?!:
here is why

these guys, they made the game difficult, much more deadly than some malaria infested Africans.
DIEMUTANT.jpg

Far Cry 2 would have been better under a different name but it is no successor to FarCry.

Last edited:

wilson

I love it, almost as much as the first. I'm having just as fun with FC2 as I had with Crysis. The variety of weapons is amazing plus the fire which can be used in so many ways unlike any other game. Finally! :)

I enjoy walking around and explore the visually stunning african setting in rain, sun and storms, in between the fighting. Sure the setting isnt much far cry-ish, but who cares the game is fun. Anyone missing the tropic island of FC1, install Crysis!

Yes i too could do without the malariabug but it's not a big of deal to me. It adds more chasing to the game! :)

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
i liked it when i first purcahsed it,but like mentioned its got repatative and multiplayer is crap.

im going to trade in mine for another game :)

Archangel

VIP Member
the vehicles steer like shopping trolleys, the physics of driving is really bad.
the AI is indeed fairly stupid.
in total tough, the game is however (imo) kinda fun. the Lan multiplayer of it for example it quite brilliant. (never played it over the internet, so cant comment on that)

vinnie107

Its pretty bad. But as its so cheap now its probably worth buying.

It is good fun to play but as someone else said the missons are the same, and the AI is about as smart as henchmen from a james bond film.

Bodaggit23

Our IT guy just handed me a copy of this game. =D

Our new motherboards came with free copies, and it's saturday, so he slipped me one.

I look forward to trying it out.

lexmark

I don't think I beat 3/4 of the game before giving up, such a crapy storeline, crapy a.i, crapy gameplay... the only thing it has going for it are the graphics.

Computer_Freak

Well these are my reason

4 clone quests (same over and over) through 90% of the game (10% sorta unique ones with buddies)
Very poor storyline and beginning arc.
AI is retarded beyond belief
Super Speed vehicles for enemy so you can never out run them...after a short chase they ALWAYS do something retarded (aka hang a hard right off into the river)
To fast respawn for outposts/camps
No stealth killing (maybe I wanna splinter cell?)
Headshots with sniper riles only = 1 shot kills 50% of the time.

So the game killed 3 things I need EVERY title to have

Quests
AI with some kind of brains
realism...If I shoot you in the head I expect you to die.

i agree

its the same thing over and over (very monotonous) at 80% though it get intense, and then it becomes original
sometimes i use half a clip to kill someone.
ranged shots are terrible (from 10m, i couldnt hit sometimes)
i expected knife to be more stealth
AI is dumb as a brick wall.
when a guard post is cleared, i hate the fact that they respawn
I hate that there voices are so loud

but i did like the rust factor (jamming weapons etc), fire, elements etc
and as im from south africa, i could understand the language they speak (its called afrikaans)

it was good, but could have been a perfect game

If they could mix tthe best of CoD4, Crysis, and FarCry 2 in one game, that would be the best game of all time...