fast broadband getting slow

kenny1999

I am in Hong Kong and using one of the best broadband service providers in the world, The plan is 100MB/s and I've been using it in the last seven years without a single complaint. I could load any webpages completely and instantaneously and the speedtest gave A grade without any packet loss but now, it has been a few days already, the speed has been very slow and I can't even load MSN main site or facebook something. Most webpages couldn't be loaded correctly and fully a lot of pictures are 'dead'. The speedtest gives D grade to me with 10% packet loss.

I really don't know why this happens, I don't connect to any routers or share any wireless network. It's a traditional lan wire running from the wall socket to my lan card. I have talked to the customer service but they only said from their data and stat it is alright. They refuse to send a technician to my home and they simple believe that I am just causing them trouble

CMD, ipconfig, control panel , everything is checked but everything doesn't show any problems. I have even clean re-installed windows 7 but it's still that terribly slow. Speed like the age of 56k modem

aldan

i would first contact my ip and have them look into it.let them troubleshoot it on their end.

1337dingo

if your isp shows it fine just means the line is fine, but that is usually their only thing they will help with

if it has been 7 years it could be that cable
if still nothing works they can send a tech usually and say if it is our side take the charge of like 100 dollars or whatever they charge but if they go to your prem at least you will know what it is.

Geoff

VIP Member
A few notes, you must mean 100Mbps, not 100MB/s, and second, I doubt you connect your PC directly to your wall socket, you need to have a modem somewhere.

I'm not sure why you reinstalled Windows, as chances are it's a network related issue. Have you called your ISP? That's the first thing you should do.