File Recovery --- JPEG & AVI

theboy

Hello all,

I've got a SD memory card from one of my family members that I would like to recover both JPEG & AVI data.

I have tried PC Inspector Smart Recovery with some success.
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/smartrecovery.html

However, when I view my thumbnail images I can see the full image intact, but when I open the files up via Windows picture & fax viewer it either says 'drawing failed' or shows only a small percentage of the image.

Can anyone recommend a better file recovery program (freeware)?

Thanks in advance!:)

sshaggy

I use recover my files. It is a quite good tool unless u have overwritten the data. Or U can try tuneup undelete(included in tuneup utilities).
Remember no program can guarantee a 100% data recovery. It depends on various factors. If u dont get any good results with these softwares, just know that data is permanently lost.

theboy

If you view right thumbnail images try to open the images with another program
Still the same issue....Some files are just corrupted, but still open.l
I use recover my files. It is a quite good tool unless u have overwritten the data. Or U can try tuneup undelete(included in tuneup utilities).
Remember no program can guarantee a 100% data recovery. It depends on various factors. If u dont get any good results with these softwares, just know that data is permanently lost.

Thanks for the heads up. I ended up using the software that I linked, and all turned out well. But, I'm still looking for a freeware app, that can recover any format.

Maybe I am looking in the wrong places?

sshaggy

No, this is the right place. I've got hold of a freeware.
Very small size, zipped 145kb, unzipped at 450kb, recovery of all formats, (but no thumbnails), and no installation either. Extract and run (in vista, run as administrator).
Right click, save as.