final list. just check it out and help out.

claptonman

Looks pretty good. What are you going to be doing with it? If you wanna save a little, look at the 2500k. It's about the same as the 2600k but without hyper threading, so unless you're doing a lot of rendering or extreme multitasking, the 2500k will do just fine, you won't be disappointed.

jonnyp11

the benefits of the 2600k are minimal, and in real world use there probably is none,

thay have ripjaw x's for the same price with same everything, just the x wounds cooler and the heatspreader is cooler, might as well get them,

that's an mATX board so drop it for a full atx, there are many benefits, mainly pci slots

then take the saved money and you can get a 120gb ssd, and btw i'd get the caviar blue, i don't think there's enough of a benefit for the 25 bucks, but if you've got them then go for it.

MadHappy

Here, build this:
http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=20904107

After tax+s&h, it should come to a little over $1500. The hdd I chose, I own, and trust over other hard drives, but that's my personal preference, choose whatever hdd you want/trust. Everything else I wouldn't change, I chose the parts I did because they're the best you can get within your budget.

If you plan on overclocking, I highly recommend the Noctua NH-D14($90), this will allow you to easily push the 2500k to 4.0Ghz and higher(4.8Ghz in some cases).
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608018&Tpk=d14

jonnyp11

that's a good build ^^, but again i'd go for a western digital blue or seagate barracuda, both are 6gb/s for one thing and i just prefer them

Perkomate

The SpinPoint F3 is fine. Mechanical hard drives are so similar in performance, that to be honest you won't notice any difference. Have you thought about a solid state drive, though?

jonnyp11

considering he actually does have one listed in his build, a 64gb, and remember how expensive they are.

Perkomate

ah, didn't see that. How about an OCZ Solid 3? They have better speed, though i'm not sure if the price is similar.

-EDIT-

yeah, I just checked the Solid 3 60 gigabyte. It's a little more expensive but more than 4 times faster than the samsung. They pull 500mb/s read, and 450 mb/s write. Similar to the Vertex, but the IOPS is worse, which explains why it's only AU$124 while the Vertex is $170.

Last edited: