Firefox 6

wildbill

Ever since it updated to that version, every webpage loads slow. I disabled all my addons, and it seemed to help. I got firebug installed, but have no idea how to open it up to see what is causing the issue. I've also been getting a weird Javascript error: Exc in ev handl: TypeError: this.oRoot.enable is not a function

That pops up every time I open a page, close a tab, pretty much everything except jumping back and forth between open tabs. I got adblock pro installed with it's counterpart (forget the name at the moment). I really don't want to uninstall FF completely as I have many saved passwords stored. But if I absolutely have to I will.

Where do I go next, besides IE10?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Ever since it updated to that version, every webpage loads slow. I disabled all my addons, and it seemed to help. I got firebug installed, but have no idea how to open it up to see what is causing the issue. I've also been getting a weird Javascript error: Exc in ev handl: TypeError: this.oRoot.enable is not a function

That pops up every time I open a page, close a tab, pretty much everything except jumping back and forth between open tabs. I got adblock pro installed with it's counterpart (forget the name at the moment). I really don't want to uninstall FF completely as I have many saved passwords stored. But if I absolutely have to I will.

Where do I go next, besides IE10?

I scrapped Firefox cause I noticed it was slowing down with each update.

I moved on to Pale Moon. It's basically a faster, sleeker version of Firefox. It really only supports newer hardware, which helps attribute to the speed (compared to Firefox, which supports almost all hardware). Have a look:
http://www.palemoon.org/

salvage-this

Pale Moon looks good. You can also try Chrome. I switched a while back and I like it a lot more than FF.

If you want you can try to revert it back to a earlier version.

Methos' Morals

I scrapped Firefox cause I noticed it was slowing down with each update.

I moved on to Pale Moon. It's basically a faster, sleeker version of Firefox. It really only supports newer hardware, which helps attribute to the speed (compared to Firefox, which supports almost all hardware). Have a look:
http://www.palemoon.org/

I've been having issues with FF6 too. I'm going to try palemoon on your recommendation, right now. But, it's hard giving up the add-ons. I need my add-ons, man! I gotta have 'em! I gotta have 'em!

aaaaaaaaaa.gif

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I've been having issues with FF6 too. I'm going to try palemoon on your recommendation, right now. But, it's hard giving up the add-ons. I need my add-ons, man! I gotta have 'em! I gotta have 'em!

aaaaaaaaaa.gif

All the Firefox add-ons work with Pale Moon because Pale Moon is just a modified version of Firefox.