Firefox becoming slower? FF-Ie-Opera

mtb211

I've noticed recently FF doesn't run that great on windows 7, and the newer versions dont run that well on xp either(or at least not as well as these used to)

Now my small company is asking me which is better, its always been Firefox hands down. Now they are asking me to look into Opera, what are everyones thoughts?

Right now Firefox is taking up 68 K or ram which is insane , two tabs open

lubo4444

Yeah i'm experiencing the same thing. Firefox is getting a bit slower but my old pc is not that fast though. About Opera people say it's good and i say that it's really good too. But i prefer Firefox.

/\E

I don't know what you guys are talking about. After 3.5, I noticed a huge speed increase across all platforms.

mtb211

if you make a new user it speeds up for a bit but then slows down, I liked this beta versian i used to have

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
After a little use, it literally came to a halt, and my grampa's whole laptop got all bogged down. Chrome is working fine. This on XP.

I still use FF on Linux though, no problems there.

linkin

VIP Member
I agree. FF is slowing down with each update. ever since 2.0 i have noticed this, along with them fixing things that aren't broke.

Fatback

VIP Member
Yea FF got so slow I couldn't use it any more. I switched to google chrome and love it. It's faster then FF even on it's worst days and it is a lot lighter on my system. I have never used opera but I hear it is pretty good, maybe I will have to try it out.

ScottALot

I dunno if someone else has this problem, but sometimes I can't look at mail in my Yahoo inbox and I can't log on to messenger unless it's through Meebo... it just keeps saying "Loading..."

Twist86

Yeah but Firefox has been sucking ever since 3.0 on speeds and it is slowly getting worse. I guess this is the price for being #1.

I reverted back to 3.0 after 3.5.5 was causing SO many slow downs. I end up disabling more crap in FireFox now to speed it up then in my services of a OS. Sites I had full speeds to would never ending "load" or "connection reset" its a sad day when I say to myself "Wow IE is faster"

Fatback

VIP Member
Are you sure FF is the problem? Any chance you have malware or a virus that is slowing down your PC instead?

So you're saying that the what 10 people on this thread that is saying FF is slow has the same virus/malware that slows down FF. Yea I'm pretty sure that's not the case because us all being computer nerds(no offence to anybody:D) obviously keep our computers clean and healthy.

TFT

VIP Member
Now, if this thread read "IE is slowing down" all you FF fans would jump on it saying "ditch the crap, change to FF" :D

Ditch the crap and install IE :p

Fatback

VIP Member
Now, if this thread read "IE is slowing down" all you FF fans would jump on it saying "ditch the crap, change to FF" :D

Ditch the crap and install IE :p

lol your probably right, I would probably say both FF and Google Chrome though.

lubo4444

I dunno if someone else has this problem, but sometimes I can't look at mail in my Yahoo inbox and I can't log on to messenger unless it's through Meebo... it just keeps saying "Loading..."

hahaha when i try to enter my yahoo mail i have the same problem sometimes... it's just saying loading and is like that for few minutes... :D