Firefox Download Day 2008 - For A World Record

Kesava

yeah thats kinda lame.... like obviously theres a lot of people trying to connect... but still

alexyu

^IT's just released but their server cant hold so much connections
CMON THE MATCH IS COMING ROMANIA - NETHERLANDS

Kesava

I tried the site but it don´t seem to work???......
Is it even release yet?? i live in spain, I can´t figura out anything. Can somebody explain please. Where and when i can get it??

-Silver:cool:

it was released like 20 minutes ago. that site is now packed with people trying to download it so no one can get on ahah

alexyu

Hope it will not be like this till tomorrow :)
They will set something like 200 downloads record if so ;)

Kesava

why? ^

haha im just downloading it off filehippo :)
they have it.
must have got in quick.
its the real one. not RC3

J_D

Wow, Mozilla have committed a self induced denial of service attack on themselves, haha, good one.!!!

WeatherMan

does it still get counted as an official download day download if you download it from an external site?

Im looking at going back to firefox :)

Kesava

Hope it will not be like this till tomorrow :)
They will set something like 200 downloads record if so ;)

why only 200 downloads? you cant get to the server cos many many people are already on it. so obviously thousands of people are currently downloading it.

its not like everyone in the world cant get on

Kesava

does it still get counted as an official download day download if you download it from an external site?

nope it doesnt count.

but who cares. it really wont make a difference.
seeing as theres no record to beat. they are just setting one. so its not like every download counts :)

J_D

I don't think so, I can't see how they can possibly audit the world record attempt unless they only count official downloads.

Kesava

well ive got it now...
although its no different to RC3 so doesnt really make a difference haha

alexyu

I would usually get mad for this but now i've just managed to make a scratched-cd game work and i'm happy :)