Folding@Home: CF Official Discussion Thread

Emperor_nero

Well my computer crashed and couple of days ago so I am useing my other computer to recover it and before that I was doing some video encoding but hopfully next week I will have them both up and running. :)

Kazoon

I also had a problem with one of my computers this week but now they are both up and running.

E6600 core 2 duo and my P4EE :D

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Great

I am sure we are doing just fine. The server fallouts are to blame for the lower production levels. We will go back up, don't worry :))

JAN :D

Jet

VIP Member
Maybe some recruiting is in the schedule? I realize that Christmas is a down time for a lot of people, but still. It seems a good amount of higher producers have left...

Burgerbob

Should i start folding with my Celery rig? it seems kind of pointless, as it is about the slowest CPU on the forum, and having the CPU at 100% slows it down a lot, to the point that i cant use it for anything... should i?

Jet

VIP Member
Should i start folding with my Celery rig? it seems kind of pointless, as it is about the slowest CPU on the forum, and having the CPU at 100% slows it down a lot, to the point that i cant use it for anything... should i?

Every bit helps, though it is up to you if you want to use it. You could always use the screensaver version, and have it just activate while you're away.... What about the 3200+?

ckfordy

banned

You could set it at like to use 50% cpu usage or 75% but the choice is yours and as Jet said every bit helps.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Here :)

Here are the latest stats:

Date of last work unit 2006-12-30 23:15:16
Active CPUs within 50 days 141
Team Id 44358
Grand Score 667762
Work Unit Count 3864
Team Ranking (incl. aggregate) 664 of 47039

Great job, keep it up :p I have not been folding as much as before mainly because of the break and my PC not being on that much. That will all be back to normal with the new year.

JAN :D

dmw2692004

i just started folding, how do i stop it from folding because i am on a laptop and it drians my batter rather quickly when im wireless.

Ku-sama

banned
I'm about to set up a small PC farm... I just need more CAT cables

1x600MHz Celeron
1x733MHz P3
1x633MHz Celeron
1x600MHz P3
1x3000+ Newcastle
1x3GHz Hyperthreaded P4

Jet

VIP Member

1x600MHz Celeron
1x733MHz P3
1x633MHz Celeron
1x600MHz P3
1x3000+ Newcastle
1x3GHz Hyperthreaded P4

YES! More people. We need to get back to 5,000 PPD soon :)

What username do you use for Folding@Home?

Geoff

VIP Member

1x600MHz Celeron
1x733MHz P3
1x633MHz Celeron
1x600MHz P3
1x3000+ Newcastle
1x3GHz Hyperthreaded P4

Good idea, but it would take so long to complete a WU with those computers (except the A64 and P4), that it almost doesnt seem worth the power you would be using.

Ku-sama

banned
I don't pay for the power, so I'm not worried..

I made a user name before when I was at another website under Ku-sama.. When I configure it, do I just type in Ku-sama or do I have to login somewhere and change my team? When I installed it, I typed in Ku-sama and the CF team number, is that all I have to do?

Jet

VIP Member
I don't pay for the power, so I'm not worried..

I made a user name before when I was at another website under Ku-sama.. When I configure it, do I just type in Ku-sama or do I have to login somewhere and change my team? When I installed it, I typed in Ku-sama and the CF team number, is that all I have to do?

Yes, that's all you need to do.