fps AND rts

Status
Not open for further replies.

1337dingo

i remember playing a game when i was younger were this game had both RTS so command a hole army into other armys like aoe or sc2 but if you wanted go down into fps mode and take control of one unit, this could change the tide of the hole battle if you played correctly but was fun, if this was my imagination and there is no such game i think there def should be one.

linkin

VIP Member
I remember such a mod for Command and Conquer games. It was a mix of Renegade and Generals.

ModernMind

That would be cool but only for multiplayer, because in singleplayer we would have a major advantage over the poor computer ;)

SuperDuperMe

three kingdoms?

for the ps2

i know for sure that was sort of like what youir describing, i cant remember the full name

fastdude

Hmm, I think a good idea would be to have RTS players who were the "overlords", they command the army, but FPS players command each individual troop, you'd have to get the scale right though, PC RTS players and console FPS, because otherwise there wouldn't be enough FPS players

Aastii

VIP Member
Hmm, I think a good idea would be to have RTS players who were the "overlords", they command the army, but FPS players command each individual troop, you'd have to get the scale right though, PC RTS players and console FPS, because otherwise there wouldn't be enough FPS players

*looks at MW2* that is why not to combine them.

There are 2 types of players in those games - those that camp, those that run about like a loon. MW2 wasn't what you are on about, but the play style is exactly what would happen, you would have half the people sat in corners waiting for someone to come past, the others would be sprinting about everywhere. The game wouldn't know what it was trying to be and would fall over. Jack of all trades, master of eff all

I was speaking to someone yesterday about an idea - combining a large scale strategy warfare game, for instance a Total War type game, with a large scale first person war game, for instance Arma.

You would control units and tactics and what not from a top down RTS style viewpoint, but could control a specific member of a specific unit. It could be combined with multiplayer too to makes things very interesting too.

If you see a game where someone is the leader of a squad, even if their tactics are awful, with a good bunch of people with the right amount of communication, they can pull off the bad tactics, and the same would be the case here. What would otherwise be, on paper, a certain loss, would be unpredictable, because it is actual people down on the ground, not AI and number crunching

:eek: :p

Status
Not open for further replies.