Front Panel Connections on new build

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by reservoirdog, Feb 12, 2012.

1. reservoirdog

reservoirdog New Member

Hi everyone. I'm building my daughter a new desktop (Cheap Word Document/Homework type of machine) I've got a Diablotek Epic ATX Mid Tower case , and a ECS A885GM-A2 Mobo. I can't find any diagram of the front panel connections anywhere in the documentation provided with the Mobo. Can anyone give me an idea as to where to plug the re-set, power, HDD led etc. in? I know they plug into the panel, and I see THAT, but there is no adapter that you plug all the plugs into, then just plug the whole adapter into the panel. And there are no markings on the MOBO next to the panel connector that tells me. Is it just a "process of elimination" thing? Try it one way, if that doesn't work try another? Or is there a "rule of thumb" that I could use? Thanks.

2. johnb35

johnb35 Administrator Staff Member

The motherboard manual will tell you what connections go where.

3. cabinfever1977

cabinfever1977 New Member

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  4. reservoirdog

reservoirdog New Member

Thanks for your effort cabinfever, much appreciated, but these connections are 2 pins each. and there are only 3 of them.

5. johnb35

Look on page 26 of the owners manual, it will show you what goes where. What case connections do you have? Is it power switch, power led, and hdd led?

Edit::

the top 2 on the left is for the power led, the top 2 on the right is for the power switch.

Here is an image i created telling you where the connections go.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  6. cabinfever1977

diagram of board:

Attached Files:

7. johnb35

Never said you weren't. Some people just can't read diagrams.

8. cabinfever1977

thats true, i think yours is easier to read.

9. reservoirdog

reservoirdog New Member

Thanks a lot Johnb35. That diagram is very helpful, I will try it tomorrow. I really appreciate you and cabinfever taking the time to respond. 3 connections "power switch", "reset switch", and "HDD LED".