Frustrated when trying to reformat vista with XP. Need help!

Itanda

Well first my story was that I couldn't access the bios because my motherboard didnt allow usb keyboards to be used before windows is loaded then I found a ps2 to usb converter which i used and it worked but then I entered my bios made it boot from cd then when my xp booted from cd, I get an error that says No hard drive detected. My HD is a 500gb WD Sata. I understand its probably a driver issue but I'm looking for someone to help me find a link to the driver that I need and possibly tell me how to place the driver on an external hardrive which I own (no floppy drive) and make it work for the installation of XP.

MAIN POINTS.
-Need to install XP
Current Operating System: Windows Vista Home premium 64bit
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-M78SM-S2H
Hard Drive: 500GB Western Digital Sata dive

deanj20

from http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives...-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-computer/

First method is to change the SATA Mode to IDE in BIOS. My computer BIOS is Phoenix AwardBIOS 6.00PG and I can change the SATA Mode to IDE by going to Integrated Peripherals > SATA Devices Configuration > SATA Mode [RAID] and change to [IDE].
Install Windows XP on SATA
sata-mode-IDE-RAID.png

Now I am able to install Windows XP as normal.

Might be worth a shot? Also, there are other tips on that page.

Itanda

Thanks man, I feel soo dumb now I remember having to change sata to IDE in Bios for my dads computer to fix the problem, I just completely forgot :(, Thank you.