Games for Windows Live being stupid

awildgoose

GFWL is being stupid(er).
Playing GTA IV with a friend last week, as we always do, and then bam internet cuts out (my dad being an idiot set up the router to stop at midnight, dw I got in and changed that:good:) and that just absolutely screwed GFWL.
Now when I go onto any GTA (Gay Tony, the Bike one, IV) I can't get online.
I get onto my profile, but offline and if I click on "Connect to LIVE" it just doesn't work.
I have tried what they tell me on the net, port opening on windows, can't forward ports on my router (well I can, it's just confusing so I don't know how exactly) and I even re-installed Episodes (which is 16gb by the way!).

So, I ask you computer people, who are cool and smart and such, what else can I do to be able to play online with stupid GFWL. As in, how can I make it so when I click "Connect to LIVE" it will actually connect me to LIVE?

Also, this would be a good thing because if I can't, I might actually do a GTA style thing (you know when you are playing angry so you just use the gun cheat so you have lots of ammo and then you just... you know... shoot everyone?), so yea, any help is much appreciated.:good::good:

Thanks in advanced:D.