games i played as a kid

ad356

games that really stick in my memory as being excellent for their time:
1. xwing series. i dont know if any of you guys remember this series of games, but it was truely excellent. it was so much fun playing. i wish lucas arts would come up with a new star wars flight simulator that would live up to the bar this game set. alot could be done with new graphic tech that simply couldnt be done when the game was new. seems to be a death of recent good star wars games on the PC. its too bad because i really enjoyed them.

2. chuck yeagers air combat. this was another great title from way back. it was also loads of fun.

3. aces over europe, aces over the pacific, and red baron. these games were also excellent for thier day. loads of fun and very realistic for the computer technology that was avaible for the time.

4. commander keem. this game was also alot of fun.

space quest, was another great title

5. stunts. this was a cool game where you would race in a unique track. this was also alot of fun.

6. duke nukem 3d. good graphics for its day, great antics, and an overall blast for what it was. a new duke nukem title was supposed to be released, but i dont know what ever happened with that.

7. quake 1+ 2. these were also good games, alot of fun and excellent graphics for earlier PC games.

8. mirosoft combat flight sim 1+2

there seems to be a shortage of good quality flight simulation combat games. too bad because years ago it was a booming genre. i used to play alot of flight sims. the only recent flight sim that i can think of, is microsoft flight sim x which is great but doesnt have the thrill of air combat. some of the title that have been released recently are really good. i dont know if the reach the quality of games that were out years ago. the graphics are by far much better but the variety is as good as it was years ago. it seems like almost everything that is released is a first person shooter or a massive online role playing game. online games have are a cool idea but who wants to pay for a game ever month. this is why i gave up on WOW after only a month or 2. i dont want to keep paying for a game. i feel that if i buy it once, it should be payed for and be mine until i get tired of it.

Jamsandwich

Hmmmm lemme think...

Mine were (when i was about 5)

Major striker
...*sighs* i miss that game :'(

Then there's

Word Rescue LOL! use to love that game :p

then also

Duke Nukem (a few of the versions)

Oh and a hyped up rabbit

Jazz Jack Rabbit

Ahhhhh good times...brings back so many good memories *looks of into the distance reminising* :p

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
I used to play X-Wing and TIE Fighter all the time. I would love it if they released updated graphics versions.

I used to play MechWarrior 2 Mercenaries too, that was a good multiplayer game back in the days of mplayer and kali :p

robina_80

my first ever game was international rally championship i loved that game but the first game that i was hooked on was half life

when i was younger i used to play on MAC as my parents bought a mac so that was my first clame to games but i forgot what the names

Twist86

I was a Diablo nut....though I mostly stuck in solo games due to the rampant cheating due to the item files being stored on your PC vs the server ^-^

Ryan_Sama

are those games avalible online for free download?? like duke nukem or quake? they were so fun and i love to play them in freeware.. just like how the original red alert is now freeware??

PunterCam

I could never afford a joystick to play the original x wing games! I finally bought x wing alliance though, which was awesome.

Red Barron, epic.

Terminal Velocity
EF2000
FIFA
Prince of Persia
Early Janes flight games, before they ruined them by making sims!
Doom, Duke, Heretic, all awesome
Road Rash(?)

fatal1ty_fan

dang i miss need for speed III hot pursuit haha that as amazing

mechwarriors =P i wish they were still around

rambow six * the old ghetto ones were all you had was a reticule and that was it haha

metal gear solid =P im glad to see its still around

gran turismo again glad to see its still around

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
6. duke nukem 3d. good graphics for its day, great antics, and an overall blast for what it was. a new duke nukem title was supposed to be released, but i dont know what ever happened with that.
DN3D is still one of my official favorites. Just pure, epic win. The new DN, Duke Nukem Forever, not 3D is supposed to be under development, though it has gone through at least a million restarts now... but for what I've heard, the version they're currently working on may actually turn out to be something.

My favorites back when I was a kid were...

Boulder Dash
Mario
DN3D
Terminal Velocity
Doom
Heroes of Might and Magic series (1-3)

Doom, Duke, Heretic, all awesome
:O how on earth did I forget about Heretic? Yea, I actually liked Heretic better than Doom (it had a little more RPG in it, simple things like inventory make a world of difference from gameplay point-of-view).

Age of Empires was heaps of fun too.

Last edited:

chibicitiberiu

My first computer was about when I was 8 yrs old, it was a 486 i think using windows 95, and the games i was playing were Solitaire, SAME game, and all the windows 95-included ones.
The second computer came at the age of 10, and i played many games on it, most popular being Atomic Bomberman, ElastoMania (still play it), NFS 2 and 3, Jazz Jackrabbit 2 and a very nice one, After Dark Games...

patrickv

ahhhhh! the main menu song full of win! i have it on my ipod. :p

[YT]nZuahAz8HrU[/YT]

as a kid ?
there are too many to mention but my favorite would have to be
ALEX KIDD

This piece of sh*t game had no saves so if you game over it's back to square 1:(

I really wish there was a remake of this dude on 360 or ps3 i miss those big ears.. they even have golden axe now

hey JN, NFS HIGH STAKES on PS1 was also good

Irishwhistle

Crystal Quest! :D

mac2.jpg