Good games with very nice graphics?

myndziuss

Hey guys, i just wanted to ask if any of you know of some games that are good and have awesome graphics?

Early thx for any reply :D

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
+1 to Crysis,

Other good looking games to consider are:

Far Cry 2 (Graphics are nice but thats about it imo,Gameplay and story is crap)
GTA IV (Can look very nice maxed out) but you will need a very good machine with alot of graphics memory.
Batman Arkham AsylumAnother great looking game,Looks even better with High Physx Enabled!
Sniper:Ghost Warrior -Id actually say that the graphics in this game are similar to Crysis,although the story is not too good and the enemy AI is poor,The gameplay is fun though.
Bioshock-Ive only played about 1 hour of this game so far,Story is okay-ish,graphics are great.
Mafia 2-Considering this game is DX9 only,It looks amazing! and the storyline is very good.
Battlefield BC2 + Vietnam exp. -DX9,DX10 & 11 modes,Looks good no matter what DX you run it at imo.
DIRT 2 -Only played the demo,Looks very nice though in DX11
Out of all those mentioned,id recommend getting Mafia 2 first if you dont already have it.

So thats a few off the top me head,But you did not really say what type of games your looking for...Fps? Racing? Sim?

Last edited:

SslagleZ28

+1 to Crysis,

Other good looking games to consider are:

Far Cry 2 (Graphics are nice but thats about it imo,Gameplay and story is crap)
GTA IV (Can look very nice maxed out) but you will need a very good machine with alot of graphics memory.
Batman Arkham AsylumAnother great looking game,Looks even better with High Physx Enabled!
Sniper:Ghost Warrior -Id actually say that the graphics in this game are similar to Crysis,although the story is not too good and the enemy AI is poor,The gameplay is fun though.
Bioshock-Ive only played about 1 hour of this game so far,Story is okay-ish,graphics are great.
Mafia 2-Considering this game is DX9 only,It looks amazing! and the storyline is very good.
Battlefield BC2 + Vietnam exp. -DX9,DX10 & 11 modes,Looks good no matter what DX you run it at imo.
DIRT 2 -Only played the demo,Looks very nice though in DX11
Out of all those mentioned,id recommend getting Mafia 2 first if you dont already have it.

So thats a few off the top me head,But you did not really say what type of games your looking for...Fps? Racing? Sim?

Yeah you posted your Bioshock screenshots, I think it might be what I buy next the graphics looked really good

SslagleZ28

Also if you can play Metro 2033 on high settings its pretty badass too, but im pretty sure its even more demanding than crysis

myndziuss

well i can max out crysis so dont hold back guys :p

And also i have bioshock and a few other games on my ps3 so i dont really wanna get them again for pc. Im gonna consider a few games you said :D

edit: Although i already have gta 4 on my ps3 i just remmembered that the cd is busted so i might just get it :p And also im thinking about battlefield bc2 since the multiplayer is sick :O

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Race Driver: GRID is a good racer with amazing graphics.
Dead Space is a low requirement one, but it's loads of fun, has amazing sound, and great graphics.

mrjack

VIP Member
GTAIV with ENB mod.

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion with high resolution textures (e.g. Qarl's Texture Pack) and Oblivion Graphics Extender.
Oblivion Graphics Extender adds a bunch of different features like ambient occlusion, depth of field, light shafts/godrays etc.

Both Morrowind and Oblivion have active modding communities, so there's a bunch of content and the graphics are updated as well. With the right mods the game's can look great.

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also if you can play Metro 2033 on high settings its pretty badass too, but im pretty sure its even more demanding than crysis

Forgot about that one,I have Metro 2033 and have not even played it yet,It ran horrible last time i tried it on my Q6600 @ 3.5Ghz,4gb of ram & GTX 460 so i gave up within a few mins in game:cool:

Ive not tried it on my new rig though.

Last edited:

Ryan_Fpv

Hmm, most of the good ones have already been suggested (+1 for FC2, Dirt2, Grid, Crysis, etc)
What about Assassins Creed 2/brotherhood?

mihir

VIP Member
Forgot about that one,I have Metro 2033 and have not even played it yet,It ran horrible last time i tried it on my Q6600 @ 3.5Ghz,4gb of ram & GTX 460 so i gave up within a few mins in game:cool:

Ive not tried it on my new rig though.

WHAT!!!!!!!!
That was not able to run Metro 2033.Oh god the game must be really good.
I should try it out.Did you max it out I mean everything AA and AF or just full res and nothing more?

I checked out the requirements and they were pretty high but your computer shouldnt have had a problem playing it.Even the recomended requirements.

Aastii

VIP Member
WHAT!!!!!!!!
That was not able to run Metro 2033.Oh god the game must be really good.
I should try it out.Did you max it out I mean everything AA and AF or just full res and nothing more?

I checked out the requirements and they were pretty high but your computer shouldnt have had a problem playing it.Even the recomended requirements.

It looks awful to be honest considering what it takes to run, it just requires that much because it is coded and optimised so damn badly. It was designed to be a benchmark for the fermi cards, so is heavy on tessellation, but even does that badly in terms of performance.

HAWX 2 was designed to utilise tessellation and it does it extremely well and looks excellent, yet you can play it on much lower specs than you can Metro, even with the very fast moving terrain and even if you fly low where the ground is very heavily tessellated

aara0123

Crysis, if you can run it

Crysis with the Real Lifesis mod :eek:
phpqVhorZAM.jpg

It takes a bit more to run but my God it is beautiful.

Hsv_Man

Crysis with the Real Lifesis mod :eek:
phpqVhorZAM.jpg

It takes a bit more to run but my God it is beautiful.

Pretty sure that someone just took a photo of this scenery and was like "ah yeah this looks like crysis i will upload it to the net for laughs" graphics cards or programmers are not up to real life graphics in games yet :(