Good Hard Drive?

suprasteve

that's an excellent drive, 7200 instead of 10k, but the cache should help that out significantly as well, price seems quite high though, any particular reason you want retail over OEM? If not, check out newegg or zipzoomfly

Monster Truck

suprasteve said:
that's an excellent drive, 7200 instead of 10k, but the cache should help that out significantly as well, price seems quite high though, any particular reason you want retail over OEM? If not, check out newegg or zipzoomfly
I wont buy there I was just using it as a reference

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Seems pretty good, the 16MB cache is very nice to have on a drive of that size. I'd have some concerns about longevity and durability with some of the other posts in the reviews, though. But most of the errors seemed to happen relatively quickly, while still under warranty obviously.

Pauly

If your looking for speed scuzzi has high rpms along with higher prices. If you go with SATA you can get 10,000 rpm alittle cheaper. Not to mention a snap to install as long as your mob supports SATA. I'm not sure you could get a 300 gig drive but western digital has a drive called the Raptor that is 150 gigs at 10,000 rpm. You could buy 2 and set them up as raid 0 and then you will have a 300 gig drive at 10,000 rpm. I seen the drive at newegg.com for $254.

Geoff

VIP Member
SCSI's can get up to 15K RPM, and somewhere around 150GB or so. But they cost several hundred dollars ($600+)