Good Portable External HD

Smudge

I had to return my Toshiba 160GB cause it was making a funny noise. Can anyone reccommend a good small portable Ext HD? How is Simpletech, Western Digital, or others? I need something about 160GB. Thanks

dznutz

if you have a preferred hdd brand (samsung/seagate would be mine) you can make your own. many 3rd party cases have better cooling.

cohen

if you have a preferred hdd brand (samsung/seagate would be mine) you can make your own. many 3rd party cases have better cooling.

i agree make your own, not hard to make and take about 10 mins or so do.... mine + my dad's and 2 of my friends hard drives are built and work very well!

dznutz

yes. seagates with their 5 yr warranty and samsung with their 3 yr warranty but with ultra cool temps. i think this is the best option especially when you get the drives on sale.

jgotfire

Hijack time

I’m looking for a 150 to 250 external that’s USB2 / esata. Would use the esata at home and use USB when I’m traveling (laptop). I know I will be stuck with a power supply but would be a pulse not having to have one with the USB (I do use external battery when on the laptop 90% of the time).

I have not been able to find one with the better brands (looking for the warranty).

Smudge

Hijack time

I’m looking for a 150 to 250 external that’s USB2 / esata. Would use the esata at home and use USB when I’m traveling (laptop). I know I will be stuck with a power supply but would be a pulse not having to have one with the USB (I do use external battery when on the laptop 90% of the time).

I have not been able to find one with the better brands (looking for the warranty).

why don't you just start your own thread...