Google Chrome hates Computerforum?

speedyink

VIP Member
I don't know why, but recently when I use Google Chrome only about half the pictures load. Here's an example of the last photo tourney.

stupidgoogle.jpg

This seems to only happen on computerforum and it happens on both my eee and my laptop. IE8 loads all the pictures just fine.

I know it's a long shot but anyone else get this or know how to fix it?

alexyu

Google Chrome hates people who don't use it :p
Anyways, it's been doing that for me too, but not so hard.

Dropkickmurphys

I have never had any problems with chrome...apart from once it wouldnt load the BBC website properly...try clearing your cache / cookies etc...

*EDIT* oh just re-read your post...dunno if its happening on 2 pc's then... :S

speedyink

VIP Member
Google Chrome doesn't hate CF, it hates Jet and Scout.

Lmao

Google Chrome hates people who don't use it :p
Anyways, it's been doing that for me too, but not so hard.

Haha. So you're getting this somewhat too?

wow that is weird never had a prob with Mozzila Firefox!

Well, IE 8 works just fine. I just have all my passwords and bookmarks saved in Chrome, plus I'm used to using it now.

As a side note I am using the windows 7 RC. Though I've been using 7 for 5 months now and haven't encountered this before...

Droogie

i considered switching from firefox to chrome for a little bit, however encountered a hanful of issues with it. (scrolling, compatibility issues with certain websites, issues similar to yours with pictures loading.) after all of that i decided to ditch it.

i than threw myself at the mercy of firefox :p

speedyink

VIP Member
but it was! I used Google Chrome from build 7000 to 7077 and never encountered this. It even worked for a bit in build 7100...

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
I have heard that Chrome occasionally has problems with image heavy pages but I don't know of any fixes.

speedyink

VIP Member
I have heard that Chrome occasionally has problems with image heavy pages but I don't know of any fixes.

It only happens at computerforum and it'll happen even if there's 1 or 2 pictures posted. I just got my desktop back in the mail today and it's started doing it on this computer too...when before I shipped it no problems whatsoever.

:confused::confused::confused:

This is so weird....

Droogie

kind of random but, have you noticed a really significant speed difference between firefox and chrome?

Mitch?

banned
i got it before, but it's very rare.
all in all i'm staying with Chrome and it's speed and occasional hiccup versus any other browser. the speed and layout are so sexy

speedyink

VIP Member
kind of random but, have you noticed a really significant speed difference between firefox and chrome?

Heeell yeah. Not so much on the web browsing part, but in cold startup time as well as warm startup time is a huge difference. This difference isn't so big on my desktop, but on my eee pc it sure makes a hell of a difference. Pages do seem to load slightly fast too.

I might have to stick with IE on my eee, since it's also quite speedy.

Macky

most websites are developed and set for Firefox and IE standards. eventually chrome has slight difference on these browsers that is why you are encountering problem on some sites which are not ready for this new browser.