Google+ (Im loving it!)

massahwahl

VIP Member
First and foremost, who else has been using Google+? I have been hitting it pretty hardcore the last few weeks and have absolutely fallen in love with it. It has everything I like about facebook and twitter while having a way better interface and integration with all the google programs.

The biggest deal for me is the fact that it makes it so easy to meet new people in a really fun way. The hangout feature is cool and interesting for talking to people from across the globe who are doing... interesting things. Its just cool. I know this reads like they paid me but if you have not given it a fair shake you really really should because it is really fascinating.

Gun

Sounds allright. Honestly, I'd rather talk to people that I know or I actually have something in common with. That's why I'm on facebook :p.

LukeAge

Sorry if I am sounding like a dumb arse here, but what is Google+ I've never really heard of it before, is it much like facebook and twitter, but it sounds like a lot more to me.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not me, forums is as close as I get to social networking.
I don't care for data mining sites.

Same here,Forums or real life social..none of this face book clone stuff.

I hate how everything these days try to integrate face book.

Geoff

VIP Member
I've had Google+ for a while, and even though I think it's designed better than facebook, there just aren't enough users for it.

massahwahl

VIP Member
Google+ blew my mind though because it operates more like a forum. Use the 'nearby' feature from your mobile device and you can see people in your city who post to the public feed and are talking about things that interest you. Then you just naturally start up these conversations about what people are posting. I still have a facebook but its becoming more of a social graveyard for 'old' friends were g+ sort of forces you to branch out and talk to new people just like a forum does. If anything at least give it a try because I think people here would appreciate it.

wolfeking

banned
How exactly does it know where you are? Meaning does it like ise your phone number or do u tell it where you are? Or is it a GPS thing like the map app? Cause I would like to try it, but I really can't afford to have a GPS lock on my location. And I am not really fond of the redneck arseholes from my area. Like to get to know some more people from the Roanoke/salem area. :?

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
How exactly does it know where you are? Meaning does it like ise your phone number or do u tell it where you are? Or is it a GPS thing like the map app?
They can fairly accurately tell where you're at by just your IP. The locations where certain IP blocks are assigned are, AFAIK, publicly available information. That doesn't mean that people can find your address if they get your IP, of course, but it's often possible to tell which city/town you live in.

massahwahl

VIP Member
How exactly does it know where you are? Meaning does it like ise your phone number or do u tell it where you are? Or is it a GPS thing like the map app? Cause I would like to try it, but I really can't afford to have a GPS lock on my location. And I am not really fond of the redneck arseholes from my area. Like to get to know some more people from the Roanoke/salem area. :?

It uses your phones GPS (or log onto the mobile site from your PC) and to be honest the redneck people in your area probably are not using it. So far I have met 5 or 6 new people that either commented on something I posted or I commented to them. The other cool thing is that you can keep everything you post private to certain circles of friends. Setup different circles and drop people into them, that way your work friends don't see something you don't want them to and your family don't see something and vice versa. I don't even know why I care as much as I do but it is all really really fun and such a great alternative from Facebook.

ayan

If you post a status, does it show up in the newsfeed for 5 or 6 times? you know.. because of echo in the silence?

wolfeking

banned
It uses your phones GPS (or log onto the mobile site from your PC)[\qoute] I doubt the GPS thing. I think it used ip addresses to find me. When I signed up it told me that I was in Newark, NJ. I am not. I'm in Salem, VA. And even taking for an old phone, I don't think that the GPS would be hundreds of miles off.

and to be honest the redneck people in your area probably are not using it. [\quote] to be honest looking by name and by schools, I can't find anyone I know. It seems to be against us. And let me clear it up. By redneck I meant the people that are less than sophistakated (Idk how to spell that). And there is 100% of the locals that I don't want to talk to at any point. I'm quite tired of having to repeat everything I say because of my accent.

The other cool thing is that you can keep everything you post private to certain circles of friends.

in this world, there is no such thing as private.