GPUs not being fully used.

venraw

Hey, guys. I installed Crysis earlier and kicked everything up to very high. I felt confident that my computer would handle it relatively easily considering I have decent specs (my signature gives the details). I'm averaging about 35 FPS and it dips as low as 27 in combat. I'm watching my cards with the EVGA precision tool and both of them are only under 50 % load. I figured that they would be much higher if the game is that taxing. My 1090t is OC'd to 3.5 ghz and my 470 gtx speeds are 703/1406/1674 each.

CardboardSword

Crysis is terribly coded, especially for SLI/XFire. Unless you experience the same thing with every game you play I wouldn't worry about it.

CardboardSword

It might be interesting to see the results from that. If it's only using 50% of each card and if disabling SLI makes it use 100% of one, then making that one card faster would theoretically play the game better. Give it a shot and if it plays worse then just enable SLI again.

CardboardSword

Is it fully patched? Crysis didn't support dual card configurations until a while after launch, so if you're running it without the most recent patches then you're probably just running it off the one card.

kdfresh09

i dont know if a patch is the prob;em, since i just reinstalled crysis, version 1.0, and it runs my cards at 97% consistantly, maybe try checking the status of your sli? oh and to the OP, how do you like your pc? you and i have pretty much identicle set ups