graphics card causing paging memory issues? little help?

curtains

ok so story might be a bit long but here goes.

I have 3 monitors running off 2 graphics cards, origionally i had a 7900gtx 512MB (running my main monitor and my one of the side ones) and a 9600gso 512MB running the last monitor.

when it was setup that way it was fine, untill the 7900gtx died (its like 5 years old)

so then i used the 9600gso for the main monitor and got a ati 5450 512MB (cause i got it for free) to run my last monitor.

The only game I play is starcraft 2 (settings all on low), since I've put in the 9600gso i get a "system has run out of paging memory" or something along those lines and starcraft starts lagging alot. I have 2.9GB of usable RAM installed and my computers only using 1.5GB when I'm playing starcraft i always thought paging file was only used when you run out of RAM, anyways so I increased my paging file to 4GB (max on 32bit XP) and it still doesn't fix it.

heres another note, if I restart the computer starcraft doesn't lag for like the first like 3 hours, and then after the first paging file memory thing shows up then every other game after thats slow.

I'm guessing its like caching it or something, but it doesn't even fix the problem when I restart Starcraft 2.

So any ideas?, as this all started only when I changed the graphics cards around and they're all 512MB so I don't really see how that should effect paging memory??

Last edited:

joh06937

Almost sounds like a memory leak issue like that with gta iv. Did you properly uninstall/install all drivers before swapping out? Which gpu is being used to run starcraft?

curtains

yeah i unstalled the card before swapping new ones in, I'm running the 9600gso for starcraft, thought im not sure if its actually the better card, i should look up benchamrks