GTA IV Thread

bm23

is there anyway that i can configure the handling of vehicles in the game? i find it almost impossible to turn properly as the cars drift so much or turn too little.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
is there anyway that i can configure the handling of vehicles in the game? i find it almost impossible to turn properly as the cars drift so much or turn too little.

im not sure actualy,sure theyre is but i know what you mean about some of the cars,especialy the huge cadilac looking ones because theyre slow turning.

you get used to them though,its much easier with a 360 controler.

Stildawn

Can you play co op multiplayer missions/storyline? My mate will be willing to build a brand new computer if we can play multiplayer gta4 and Empire Total War - Now I know Empire Total War is multiplayer campaign so all i need to convince him is gta haha.

Addy

Laptop good for GTA IV?

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums.

I would like to ask what laptop is good for playing GTA IV?
I am getting a new laptop soon for Christmas and I would want one that is capable of playing GTA IV well.

Thanks!

PabloTeK

A powerful one is the answer really - GTA IV is really causing issues for people with lower-spec machines. What's your budget?

* OS: Windows Vista - Service Pack 1 / XP - Service Pack 3
* Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz
* Memory: 1.5GB, 16GB Free Hard Drive Space
* Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900

Recommended System Requirements

* Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1Ghz
* Memory: 2 GB (Windows XP) 2.5 GB (Windows Vista)
* 18 GB Free Hard Drive Space
* Video Card: 512MB NVIDIA 8600 / 512MB ATI 3870

As you can see, a cheaper laptop won't even run it at all, pure gaming laptops are what's needed.

Addy

A powerful one is the answer really - GTA IV is really causing issues for people with lower-spec machines. What's your budget?

* Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz
* Memory: 1.5GB, 16GB Free Hard Drive Space
* Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900

Recommended System Requirements

* Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1Ghz
* Memory: 2 GB (Windows XP) 2.5 GB (Windows Vista)
* 18 GB Free Hard Drive Space
* Video Card: 512MB NVIDIA 8600 / 512MB ATI 3870

As you can see, a cheaper laptop won't even run it at all, pure gaming laptops are what's needed.

Thanks, but can you give me some examples of some pure gaming laptops, or one that can run GTA4 well?

Thanks!

FairDoos

Bores me quite a bit actually the story is crap compared to SAN Andreas i love that game but you cant always get what you want. (my opinion.)

DirtyD86

banned
Bores me quite a bit actually the story is crap compared to SAN Andreas i love that game but you cant always get what you want. (my opinion.)

+1

IMO this game was missing something that the others had. maybe im just sick of the formula, but i havent liked a GTA since vice city

bm23

+1

IMO this game was missing something that the others had. maybe im just sick of the formula, but i havent liked a GTA since vice city

same here. i like vice city the best. something about the storyline that really make the game good. the reason why i say this is because i played vice city stories and didnt like it as much. i dont think i would ever be sick of the formula though.

DirtyD86

banned
same here. i like vice city the best. something about the storyline that really make the game good. the reason why i say this is because i played vice city stories and didnt like it as much. i dont think i would ever be sick of the formula though.

that zero punctuation guy made a great point that i think hit the nail right on the head. the series has taken a step away from flashy over the top settings and story, towards a more realistic gritty type deal. everything is brown and grey, and feels toned down in order to provide a more "realistic" feel. the series was made a hit by offering over the top action in ridiculous settings with ridiculous characters. don't get me wrong, GTAIV is still a great game in its own right. if the other games in the series didn't exist, and GTAIV was released from out of the blue I would be blown away by it. they've just set the bar so high with past releases that even they are having a hard time matching up

N3crosis

that zero punctuation guy made a great point that i think hit the nail right on the head. the series has taken a step away from flashy over the top settings and story, towards a more realistic gritty type deal. everything is brown and grey, and feels toned down in order to provide a more "realistic" feel. the series was made a hit by offering over the top action in ridiculous settings with ridiculous characters. don't get me wrong, GTAIV is still a great game in its own right. if the other games in the series didn't exist, and GTAIV was released from out of the blue I would be blown away by it. they've just set the bar so high with past releases that even they are having a hard time matching up

That is so true, I personally liked San Andreas the best (although I hated the gang aspect of it), but to me, gamplay and realism are the same thing. For example in Far Cry 2 when you have to pull the bullet's out of yourself, sure that is annoying but it seems to add so much more to the feel of the game (for me anyways).