GTX 285 vs. ?

Machin3

Hey everyone. I have a gtx 285 and i was wondering if i should keep that or sell it and get something different (not ATI) only NVIDIA. Should I get something lower and SLI?

The Chad

Yeah I agree^ the new series is almost out, hold off a little and wait for them to come out, the n scout out prices and new cards.

That card can max out pretty much any game can't it? So keep it for now definetly

Nightrain

I doubt a new GTX285 is going to get too much cheaper, and if they do they still won't be competitive price/performance, unless you are looking used as it has been EOL and out of production for a while.

But once the new cards come out the used market might supply some with decently cheap prices if you're not adverse to that.

I've a GTX280, and I've been considering eyefinity. Only reason I would upgrade/sidegrade now, as otherwise I am perfectly content with its performance.

If you need performance, upgrade. If its just an itch, then that's up to you if you want to scratch it.

ultipig

no hold on to it and wait for the 300 series to come out then grab another gtx285 cheap and sli them suckers

The GTX 300 series has, in essence, been skipped. Nvidia is going to come out with the 400 series instead.

Your point still stands though.