Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Playstation 2

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Playstation 3

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spanky

I'm definitely going to be buying this game but I don't know which system. I already own PS2 but I planned on buying Wii soon. But it also comes out on PS3 which I assume I could play online with others? Which would be awesome, then I would buy a PS3. I don't plan on buying a 360 anytime soon, so that's not an issue. So what do you guys think?

nh1129

I'm definitely going to be buying this game but I don't know which system. I already own PS2 but I planned on buying Wii soon. But it also comes out on PS3 which I assume I could play online with others? Which would be awesome, then I would buy a PS3. I don't plan on buying a 360 anytime soon, so that's not an issue. So what do you guys think?

MMM lets see...where to start.....
1. Do you play on a HD tv? I only ask this because I'm a graphics whore and would easily pick the PS3 version over the other two if you are playing on a HDTV.

2. How important is online play? I would instantly say to buy the 360 version because it has far better online then any other console right now but if you ruled out the 360 (take another look at it :D ) I'd go with ethier the Wii or PS3 version. Both have online and I would assume the PS3's online would be a little better (not sure about the PS3's online since I don't own one)

3. Do you care about wireless? I'm not 100% sure if the Wii's is wireless or not but the PS3's is and the PS2's isn't.

4. Do you seriously want a PS3? I'm only saying this because a friend of mine bought a PS3 for lair and well...we all know how that turned out. Not to mention the big price tag. That leads to our next question.

5. Is money a factor? If you plan on getting a Wii then the Wii version would be the best because you wouldn't be buying a PS3 also. Even tho the PS2's version is cheap I wouldn't get it, no online and you will probably end up with a new console soon.

There are a ton of other questions you can ask yourself. My first choice would be the 360 version (think about it :p ) but since that is out of the question I'd probably go with the Wii version, then the PS3, and finally the PS2 version.

tuxify

I was planning on getting it for PC. It comes out a little later, and it uses the old GHII 360 controller (wireless I think), but it supports online play between MACs, PCs, and I think the other consoles. Once Newegg releases the information weather it will come with the controller, I will probably pre-order it.

spanky

MMM lets see...where to start.....
1. Do you play on a HD tv? I only ask this because I'm a graphics whore and would easily pick the PS3 version over the other two if you are playing on a HDTV.

2. How important is online play? I would instantly say to buy the 360 version because it has far better online then any other console right now but if you ruled out the 360 (take another look at it :D ) I'd go with ethier the Wii or PS3 version. Both have online and I would assume the PS3's online would be a little better (not sure about the PS3's online since I don't own one)

3. Do you care about wireless? I'm not 100% sure if the Wii's is wireless or not but the PS3's is and the PS2's isn't.

4. Do you seriously want a PS3? I'm only saying this because a friend of mine bought a PS3 for lair and well...we all know how that turned out. Not to mention the big price tag. That leads to our next question.

5. Is money a factor? If you plan on getting a Wii then the Wii version would be the best because you wouldn't be buying a PS3 also. Even tho the PS2's version is cheap I wouldn't get it, no online and you will probably end up with a new console soon.

There are a ton of other questions you can ask yourself. My first choice would be the 360 version (think about it :p ) but since that is out of the question I'd probably go with the Wii version, then the PS3, and finally the PS2 version.

1 Yes, I have an HDTV
2 Online isn't so important that I'm ready to buy a 360 just to have it.
3 You can get wireless guitars for the PS2 for GH2, so why not GH3?
4 Yes, I do want a PS3 cause I plan on buying FFXIII, Soul Caliber 4 and other Sony exclusive games.
5 Money is not a factor

People please vote.

Edit:
I was planning on getting it for PC. It comes out a little later, and it uses the old GHII 360 controller (wireless I think), but it supports online play between MACs, PCs, and I think the other consoles. Once Newegg releases the information weather it will come with the controller, I will probably pre-order it.

I'm too impatient to wait.

tuxify

Everyone says it's like anticlimactic or something like that when I say I want to play GH3 on PC. I don't understand. With the x-530 speakers and a 22" Widescreen it would be epic, no?

spanky

Everyone says it's like anticlimactic or something like that when I say I want to play GH3 on PC. I don't understand. With the x-530 speakers and a 22" Widescreen it would be epic, no?

I suppose. No offense but I think 42'' LCD HDTV with 7.1 Home Theater surround sound is slightly more epic.

tuxify

Money is not a factor

Check... aaaaaaaaaannnnnd... Mate.
Money is a factor for me.

What mostly puzzles me is how GH would be different on a PC than a console. Or is it just the genuinety factor?

nh1129

There's nothing wrong with playing it on the computer but I would think the screen would be to small for me. I like to move and do some actions when playing guitar hero and to be able to see the notes on a 22" I'd have to be like 3 feet from it but I'm sure using a computer will work for some people.

Also I just looked and all the guitars are wireless...I must have been thinking about Rock Band or something.

Based on what you said I'd go with the Wii version. The games you mentioned that you are interested in don't come out for give or take a year and the PS3 price could drop by then (they've been dropping it like every 3 months...)

spanky

There's nothing wrong with playing it on the computer but I would think the screen would be to small for me. I like to move and do some actions when playing guitar hero and to be able to see the notes on a 22" I'd have to be like 3 feet from it but I'm sure using a computer will work for some people.

Also I just looked and all the guitars are wireless...I must have been thinking about Rock Band or something.

Based on what you said I'd go with the Wii version. The games you mentioned that you are interested in don't come out for give or take a year and the PS3 price could drop by then (they've been dropping it like every 3 months...)

I doubt any of my friends will buy the Wii version, rendering my guitar useful to only my system. (I use my 42" TV as a monitor btw). I know the games I want don't come out for a while but I figure, hey why the hell not?

Hyper_Kagome

I'm seriously wanting to get this game, along with Rock Band.

If I do get them, I want to get them on the PS3 just for that nice Hi Def-ish experience.

I say if you have the money and want to get a PS3 for something new, then go for it. I'm going to be saving for it, myself. =]

spanky

I'm seriously wanting to get this game, along with Rock Band.

If I do get them, I want to get them on the PS3 just for that nice Hi Def-ish experience.

I say if you have the money and want to get a PS3 for something new, then go for it. I'm going to be saving for it, myself. =]

Yes, I'm leaning towards teh PS3. I hadn't thought about the HD side of things which is starting to make it more appealing.

Reneki

I would get the ps3 version, the ps2 wireless controller has a lag to it, or at least I feel it does. Plus you have an HDTV so it'll look nice. Only problem is I think it's like $10 more, which isn't much of an issue.