Hard drive cooler...worth it?

Are they worth Buying?

• Total voters

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are hard drive coolers worth it in your opinion?

They’re so cheap i just wondered?

The fan ones,Not water cooled.

Last edited by a moderator:

3uL

I don't think it worth buying it. Up till now, I have no problem with my harddisk without the cooler. They are just fine without it.

taylormsj

Ive had a hard drive cooler, they arent realy worth it this is because hard drives operate just fine in temperatures up to about 50 C, if your hard drive is getting hotter than that, maybe you should get one

Twist86

No its never worth it.

My HDD cooler you ask? a 80mm fan under my HDD with 4 plastic pieces that lift it 1 inch off the ground.

Keeps my HDDs 30c during the summer

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Absolutely not. If you want a good cooler, look for the heatsinks that mount to the side of of the drive.

funkysnair

VIP Member
they arnt worth it in my setup-

most computer casses have fans infront of the hard drive bay anyway so i personaly wouldnt buy one.

both antec 900 + 1200 have the fans blowing over the hard drives

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
wow not a single yes or maybe in the poll :p

thanks chaps il put my money towards a new case fan or something then ;)

Computer_Freak

My coolermaster 590 has a 4 in 3 HDD module with a 120mm fan in front. (basically my front intake fan)

It dropped my temps from 45* to 30*. But thats a front intake fan, where the air passes the HDD's.

but I dont think the HDD cooler is as effective

Last edited:

FairDoos

I dont think there is a need to buy such a thing to be honest i find them useless i just use my front intake fans for my HDD cooling and seems to do the trick dont waste you money :D