hard drive problem or ....

wicked

i have a problem with a western digital hard drive i put Linux on my computer and really didnt care for it so i tried to change it back to windows 7 then it started to install it the is said hard drive not found but there was everything hooked up but not sure whats wrong does neone have any :eek:ideas

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Check for loose cable connections? You might need the chipset driver before windows will see the drive. What computer or motherboard are you installing this on?

wicked

e mechine core 2 duo ive checked for the loose cable that was what the first thing i thought.

kimsland

You may need the Hard Drive controller driver
This driver can be found at your motherboard or computer's manufacture support page
> HERE's some generic support page links to help you with that

Crash_Override

What is the model number and connection type of the Hard Drive? SATA, SCSI etc. ? As mentioned above, many times a Windows Install will not be able to see the Hard Drive until "drivers" have been installed for them. When you purchased your machine, you may have recieved install/driver disks/CD/DVD to initiate the installation. Try checking through the original packaging.