HDMI Problem

Luvthekeys

I recently purchased a Dell XPS 8500 which contained a Geoforce 640 GT video card. I have tried to attach both a Dell Widescreen monitor and my 42 inch Panasonic Display to fore mentioned video card. There is no problem for the Dell monitor using a DVI connection alone. If I add the Panasonic display with an HDMI cable I have the following problems. Sometimes the Dell monitor does not display a picture. Sometimes the Panasonic does not display a picture. Other times the video card see the Panasonic as a generic plug and play monitor. Thus defaulting to a lower resolution without any options for a higher resolution. If I attach the Panasonic alone with HDMI, sometimes it works. Sometimes it displays no picture and other times defaults to a lower resolution and reports as a generic plug and play monitor. When I unplug the hdmi and plug it back in the Panasonic works as it should. If the computer goes into sleep mode I lose the picture and have to unplug and then plug back in the hdmi cable. I am hoping someone has a suggestion I have not thought of. Yes I have tried different cables all with the same result.

Thank you

Last edited:

jjsevdt

I don't want to insult you're intelligence, but you didn't address it in your post so its relevant to ask. Have you installed the drivers and/or updated them to the latest. Sound as though it may be a driver issue. Please let us know.