Help choosing a key board!

SilentRabbit

Okay so i recently posted in a different topic about building a computer, ive since bought all parts and they are on their way now, the ONLY part i didnt order was a keyboard.

Now ive spotted two that im interested in...

http://cyborggaming.com/prod/v7keyboard.htm
I like this one but it looks quite cheaply made and is almost to childish with all the lights and design.... :/

http://steelseries.com/products/keyboards/steelseries-shift
I also like this one but its a lot more expensive and doesnt have enough lights!

So im here to ask if anyone has any suggestions about good gaming keyboards, wireless or not i dont mind, but id rather not mess around with batteries! (from cheap/middle to middle price range, MAYBE an expenisve on depending how good it is)

Also im looking at a mouse ( i already have one, but im planning on getting a new one in the near future) and LOVED the look of the R.A.T. 9, but amoungst all the love, praise and positive reviews there are many bad ones...... so again any suggestions on good gaming mice are welcome, as well as thoughts on the R.A.T. 9. (i dont mind about the battery being hard to remove)

Thanks in advance. :)

I have read that steel series keyboard has a horrible angle for your wrists. Its very tall and puts a bend in your wrists that sucks after longer periods of use.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
That Cyborg looks pretty badass. I have a G15 (Version 1) myself. If I had the money for a new Logitech keyboard I'd get a G19.

SilentRabbit

oh really, kennebell347? :/ thats a shame :(

and yehh it looks quite nice, but im not sure, i dont think its very good quality...
and the logitech G keyboards are awesome but to expensive :/

voyagerfan99

Staff member
I ended up getting the Cyborg, Thanks guys :)

Post back and let me know what you think of it after you use it for a while. I'm interested in hearing what you have to say about it. I'm thinking it's time for a new keyboard myself.

SilentRabbit

Okay voyagerfan i havent properly used it yet, it just arrived today and wow, its a great keyboard, windows 7 can install 1 of the 3 drivers itself, i presume the other 2 are on the included CD, great feeling, not flimsy at all (very solid infact) great supports underneath and the wrist rest is EASY to remove or attach! The back lighting looks great as well!

Over all im very please, if i were you i would invest in it!

Only problem so far, i cant seem to install the drivers and seems many others have the same problem :/

Last edited:

Darthaus

Also im looking at a mouse ( i already have one, but im planning on getting a new one in the near future) and LOVED the look of the R.A.T. 9, but amoungst all the love, praise and positive reviews there are many bad ones...... so again any suggestions on good gaming mice are welcome, as well as thoughts on the R.A.T. 9. (i dont mind about the battery being hard to remove)

Thanks in advance. :)

I have the R.A.T. 7 and love it. It's not wireless so I'm not sure if there are any issues with that. The quality is good and the customizability is awesome. It is very accurate and has nice features. If you have the money go for it.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
I have the R.A.T. 7 and love it. It's not wireless so I'm not sure if there are any issues with that. The quality is good and the customizability is awesome. It is very accurate and has nice features. If you have the money go for it.

I'm actually gonna go with the R.A.T. 7 soon myself. Getting tired and cramped with my MX Revolution.

SilentRabbit

Okay thanks, it does sound great, i wasnt sure as there were just as many negatives as positives but your comment made me think much more favourably towards it so thanks, ill either get the R.A.T. 7 Albino or the R.A.T. 9!

As fore the news on the cyborg V7, its a great keyboard but lots of compatability issues, be prepared to spend time getting it to work if you buy it, ill be calling up cybrorg/saitek/mad catz soon to try and sort it out, otherwise it looks like ill be sending it back which is a huge shame :(