Help deleted program and now internet doesnt work!

bcoffee20

Hi my roommate has an 2-3 year old lenovo laptop and it came with a program that connects to the internet through that instead of through the windows internet connect way. She uninstalled the program because it was really frustrating and often wouldnt connect or forget the password and just was a crappy program. Now though when i go to the windows connect to the wireless window it says that there is a dedicated program to use wireless and to use that even now. Im not exactly sure how to change the order of and make it so i can use the regular windows internet. Her operating system is XP. any help very much appreciated!

88Jonsson

Sorry, misread your question what you want to do is try and use the Windows wireless utility instead of the one she was using...stumped on that one... worse comes to worse you could just use a system restore to get the other one back till you find a solution.

I found something, but you might have to roll back to the original wireless utility in order to enable it.

-Double-click your adapter’s icon in the system tray.
-Click Properties.
-Click the Wireless Networks tab.
-Check the Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings option.

found it here :

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kb...urningtheWindowsXPWirelessUtilityOnorOff.html

hopes this helps

Last edited: