Help for my old laptop, please!

paulcheung

The toshiba P105 S6134 I have give me some trouble, I install windows 7 ultimate 64 bits on this computer with some glitch, nonetheless I got it installed and got all the drivers to work at a week research and got help to get the sound to work. Then the computer can't restore to the prevoius restore points that I created. It said window can't access to a file so the system files is not changed. I use window 7 image backup and also use the other third party software do the disk clone to an external usb hard drive.
I formmated the hard drive try to reinstall the windows 7 ultimate 64 bits. anytime the windows try to startup after load the file, the computer shut down it self. I try to use the thirdparty software which I used to clone the hard drive backup to boot, the samething happen again, it shut down after it load up the wondows files.
Can anyone tell me what to look for? is the ram have problem? or hard drive? but I try with a small hard drive, it happen sameway, so maybe not the hd?
Strange thing is that I can install windows Xp or use the recovery dvd from toshiba without any problem, I now using the original XP setup. I really would like to get the Windows7 to work, any ideas?
Thank you.
Paul.

paulcheung

Thank you.

Thank you. I will try this weekend and see if ram cause this,
Could possible be the bios get mess up? I did try to flash the bois I down loaded from toshiba site, some one did say it shouldn't flash it under windows 7, I didn't listen. I did it in windows7. so could it be that?

Thanks

Paul