Help getting Logitech speakers to work

arethemad

I bought these from best buy a while back for around 90. The rear speakers didnt work so I bought a different soundcard. Got the rear speakers working and everything was going smooth. Then my dad decided to do a destructive computer recovery. Now my rear speakers and my central speaker doesnt work. I dont have the installation CD for the soundcard or speakers. I think I can find the soundcard installation CD but I know for a fact I wont be able to find the speaker installation CD. Any help?

Speakers:Logitech X-530
Soundcard: Creative Sound blaster live! 24 bit

Thanks VERY VERY much in advance :D

vortmax

speaker install CD? thats a new one on me.

What exactly is a "destructive computer recovery"

Try downloading the latest drivers for your sound card and making sure you have the card configured for 5.1 speakers

arethemad

the speaker installation CD, the one that came with the speakers. A destructive recovery is when you recover your computer so its like it just came out of the box. I already dled the driver. any help on configuring it for 5.1 speakers? whenever I try to open up creative mediasource which is where it has their EAX controls which allowed me to get my rear speakers working in the first place, it says something about not detecting any speakers with my system, leading me to believe I need to do something with my speakers, not my soundcard.

SAAER45

I didn't get an installation CD with my X-530's, I did have trouble getting the rears and center to work though. Turns out I has testing to see if the sound worked on Musicmatch Jukebox which doesn't support 5.1. Try switching the front and rear speaker cables back and forth into the soundcard, when you do that if the rears work and the fronts don't you'll know the problem isn't the speakers and has something to do with computer settings or the sound card

mega10169

Speakers don't use drivers, none do. They never have and probably never will, so the Logitechs did not come with a driver CD. But your soundcard does use drivers, if there is sound coming out of your speakers that means its drivers are installed.