Help Me: Liquid Cooling Build

Laquer Head

New IvyBridge Liquid Cooling Build

So I decided to try a liquid setup for my rig in my sig with 3770K

I don't have a set budget but I was thinking $500 for sure to pick the right parts-- I think I just want a setup for sli cards and cpu..

Build away

Last edited:

Juggalo23451

check out the xspc raystorm kit
its 299 usa dazemode should have them
then I would get another rad and 2 gpu block then 6 fittings . that will go past 500 bucks

Anyone ever try the Corsair kits? I thought they had a setup for a CPU and GPU, though I may just be losing my mind at this point. :D

just a noob

Cpu blocks
Gpu blocks
pumps(I personally use a D5 with an aftermarket top)
Radiators Go with something that's a dual pass style
Reservoirs(I like tube style reservoirs, but they all do the same thing at the end of the day)
Fittings? A lot of it comes down to personal preference, I like compressions, but they also can only be used with one size of tubing, and the cost a bit more. I myself use Bitspower fittings in my system
And for tubing, I would suggest nothing smaller than 3/8" id, and try to look for for something food grade/plasticizer free so that it doesn't cloud up.
Biocide? I use silver in my computer, and haven't had a problem

Last edited:

Laquer Head

Thanks for the input everyone, keep ideas/suggestions coming..I'm looking to build in the next 2 weeks or less.

Laquer Head

Picking parts is very annoying... it seems everything is outta stock I like..LOL

EK and Swiftech seem to have horrible stock levels everywhere., doesn't fill me with confidence.

Laquer Head

Thanks Benny.

What are opinions on the various 'kits' that I see from various companies?

Particularly looking at kits from XSPC and EK, each are in the 289-329 range around the web, for the variety with a 3x120mm fan rad.

Does it make much difference with a 3x120mm over a 2x120mm rad?

Are the kits a good place to start for cpu cooling and add on as I go from there?

I'm getting really annoyed trying to pick parts individually.

Laquer Head

I'm thinking of doing 2 separate loops using an EK dual top, 2 pumps, and 2 res'.

My question is, should I need a bigger PSU to accommodate new setup?

30689712.jpg

Machin3

I'm not sure if your switching cards or not but if you buy waterblocks for those evga HD's, you need to get the EK GTX750 S.E v2 or something like that cuz its only compatible with those cards. They're like ~$120 each, just to let you know.

Laquer Head

I'm not sure if your switching cards or not but if you buy waterblocks for those evga HD's, you need to get the EK GTX750 S.E v2 or something like that cuz its only compatible with those cards. They're like ~$120 each, just to let you know.

Yah Thanks, I did recall seeing that on ekwb website.

I'm not sure if I'm gonna upgrade the gpu' .

Okedokey

YOu will need a new PSU with 3 x 570s plus overclocked CPU pluse water cooling I am afraid. My system pulls 1kW or more from the wall during benching.

If it were me, I would sell all 3 x 570's, get a 680, water cool that (thats 2 x $130 (for the GPU waterblocks = cheaper for the water cooling) and would be faster. It will also mean you can get away with 1 RAD for the card and CPU. Much cheaper, more effective, faster and cleaner.

BTW physx is useless. Also, do you really need 1.49V on that CPU? I get that on stock voltage with a sandy.

Last edited:

FuryRosewood

@bigfella: the ivy bridges dont clock as well without a hell of voltage right now, the SB right now is a better clocking chip, they also run a bit hotter at that speed too... so in all likelyhood he does need that much voltage, though i dont recommend it either

Okedokey

@bigfella: the ivy bridges dont clock as well without a hell of voltage right now, the SB right now is a better clocking chip, they also run a bit hotter at that speed too... so in all likelyhood he does need that much voltage, though i dont recommend it either

thanks for the info ;)