Help me out with my home network please.

jgoff14

My Netgear router says, I can use 'any wall outlet as a wi-fi hub to boost my wirless signal and eliminate dead spots'. Now assuming I'm reading this correct, it says I can use more than one router to get better coverage in my home? My house is three floors, and as far as I'm concerned my main floor is most important since my desktop is down there. My wife does not share this feeling with me. The performance isn't too bad up on the third floor but it is intermittent so the only thing left I feel I can try is signal strength. I have a Netgear N600 WNDR3400 and a N300 WNR2000. The guy at best buy said I can use my 2000 upstairs with the 3400 downstairs. He didn't say how. Anyone know about this? Also what do I need so I can atleast try the 5ghz channels on the 3400? Can I buy a USB wireless adapter for my laptop? If so can you recommend one I don't know what I'm looking for. I'm sure none of my computers support other than 2.4ghz.

speedysim313

You can use one router downstairs and one upstairs, but they wont connect wirelessly, meaning you would need to plug a ethernet cord into the router downstairs all the way up stiars, and plug it into your other wireless router, so basically you have a router behind a router set up, not recommended, but works...