Help need A.S.A.P

age123

Ok here is what happend,

Left my computer on one night because was downloading, woke up the next morning and PC just had the red light on and nothing els, tryed to turn pc on nothing happend, so i unpluged the powercable and replugged it back in, pressed the power nothing happend, i blew the PSU. Changed that the next day (is a smaller one but havent plugged in cdroms), got power but my montoir will not show anything thougt i have blow my ram but i havent, using my on board gfx or i can use my pci gfx but still nothing.

Is my CPU dead?

Technogab

Sounds like your power supply died or got zapped. Any surge protectors or a UPS on your system? Sometimes a surge can take out the power supply and other components as well. Tough to troubleshoot unless you swap out each part to see who the culprit is. I would hate to say it's the motherboard, but it might be.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Where was this red light? Is it a power light, HD light, or what?

My guess is the power supply was cheap and something caused it to short or overload. If you tried another power supply and still got nothing, the motherboard's probably shot. Look around for possible shorts. Faulty wiring, exposed wires, etc...